corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speaker components

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaker components
craigbarnley

User status: Offline
19th Feb 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone tell me what size i need. i want them to fit straight in. also can anyone recomend any going for sound quality really. cheers in advance
c8cker

19th Feb 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your going for sound quality go for set of focal components there the dogs bolloxs ive got a set of 165 H pollyflex
craigbarnley

19th Feb 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does this mean all i know is i went in my mates 206 today and he is running pioneer head unit with rockford components. and they sounded wicked the quality was amazing at high volume
c8cker

19th Feb 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rockfords are o.k but focals are one if not the best components that you can get im running mine off a alpine headunit and they handle all the way the tweeters are ear piecaing at times. your looking to pay about £170 up to £599 for a set of focals and what about £80 and £100 for rockford so that might tell u somthing about the sound qality
craigbarnley

19th Feb 03 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but i got 250 notes to spend on componets sub and amp
c8cker

19th Feb 03 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tryed letsbuycaraudio.com see if they have got any deals on they are normally quite good
SRi_m00k

20th Feb 03 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spend ur 250 on components on their own!!! save up money and buy the amp and sub later!!!! components will make up the majority of your sound and quality is essential!!!!! dont bother with changin back speakers or 6x9's they're only for a bit of rear fill just save for ur amp and sub

focals are a mighty fine speaker but their range seems to be best suited to classical type music

if i were you source a set of rockfords or if u can get hold of a set, go for diamond M3's awesome spekers, the clarity and quality blow a lot of pple away for the money!!! shud get a set of 5 1/4inch to fit straight in for less than 200 quid!!!
TOMAS

21st Feb 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 1/4" will go straight in, 6.5" will go with a bit of work. You'll need adaptor plates for either... autoleads do them. You say you want SQ, well nearly all speakers WILL give you good SQ if set up correctly. Now if you want true SQ you MUST amp them up with at least 50-100 wrms and build proper pods (cutom locations) in the front doors/kick panels ONLY then will you notice the difference in the actual speaker quality. The standard door locations are awful and the plastic grill infront of the speaker hinders sq emensely, it leaves you with a muddy sound, just by removing the grill it will 'lift' the soundstage and give much brighter detail in the midrange. Also look for the different types of tweeter - metal and soft dome, they make a dramatic difference to the sound. Metal being much brighter, detailed and can reach right up to 20KHz and soft dome being more warm and mellow. If you are only using h.unit power i wouldnt bother spending more than about a ton on comps, amp them and spend the extra... Purely for value for money and durability may i recomened Infinity Referance, they work well with h.unit or amp power.
SRi_m00k

22nd Feb 03 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another 'budget' but awesome set of components to look out for are DLS, shud be able to get a set of em for bout 150quid or less!!! very surprising quality for the money!! and as TOMAS says if u can stretch to it get builds done, mine shud be finished enxt week!!
Aussie GSi

22nd Feb 03 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey dudes

Apprently, DLS aren't too bad. I've heard some good reports on these guys. They're not big over here in Australia (well, not at the moment anyway), but there's a bit of word spreading.

C
toger13

22nd Feb 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have some Pheonix Gold components 6.5 inch ther were £99.99 and they sound good even in stock place mate running off 52x4 HU
SRi_m00k

23rd Feb 03 at 03:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah DLS aint really massive over here and i hadnt heard fo them till bout a year ago, but my mates sound superb, if iwas to go for aything cheaper than the diamonds thats what i'd get

they do some sweet amps and their 7x10's are awesome, some people buildin pods in the front to house them cos of they're all round performance and quality!!
craigbarnley

23rd Feb 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got some alpin type r components look the dogz and look top quality too dunno wat they sound like anyone recomend amping them up. if so wat amp do i need. want a big amp to run both comps and sub can this be done heard something about low and high pass filter. is this gonna be a problem
Aussie GSi

24th Feb 03 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey mate

I'm actually looking at bungin' some R Series Alpines in my front doors. I was speaking to a sales person at my stereo shop about them. She told me that you'd HAVE to amp them, with atleast 50WRMS. If you didn't amp them, you might as well have got some $4 shitters, cos they're gonna sound the same anyway! I've got a V12 (MRV F340 - 4x55WRMS). I'd recommend something of the same output.

She actually showed me in the store, the difference between them amped, and un-amped. Incredible difference. Without the amp, the sound quality just isn't there. They sound really average without an amp.

I plan to run my components and my 12" Alpine Series S sub off this amp, so with an amp like this, I reckon you'd be pretty happy.

C

[Edited on 24-02-2003 by Aussie GSi]

New Poll