corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » amping componets?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author amping componets?
Trucido

User status: Offline
13th Jan 04 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was to amp my components then i wouldnt need to use a crossover would i? also is it ok to use normal speaker wire to run from the amp to the components?
Melville

13th Jan 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amp should have a built in crossover and get some decent speaker cable run to the comps, Halfords will do you summit a little thicker
Dan
Premium Member

13th Jan 04 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ure just using one amp to power the components i would use a crossover system.

if not ure tweeters are still gonna b reciving all of the signal, rather than just the higher stuff, and vis-versa

im pretty sure im correct, but if its not one of the proper ice gods like austinpxx will tell u right

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Trucido

13th Jan 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

austinpxx !! come on
Dom

13th Jan 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a 2way comps (ie: midrange and tweeter seperate speakers) then a crossover should have been included in with it all - either an inline crossover on the tweeter etc or a external crossover, which will be a box jobby. If you have the crossover, it will be a simple case of taking the preouts from you HU into the amp and taking the speaker outputs to the crossover unit. Then each speaker is wired to the crossover
NEVER wire the crossover comps to the amp directly, without a suitable crossover unit. Sijnce the amps crossover isnt good enough!
If you have coxials, not comps, then its a simple case of wiring the amps speakers outs to the terminals on the speaker

As for suitable speaker wire, just get some fairly decent stuff - halfords do autoleads speaker cable, about 14 quid for 10ms. Its fairly good and will be suitable for comps. Although i wouldnt use it to run subs or high powered speakers
Trucido

13th Jan 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i have these...

Infinity 652i
Infinity 652i(bigger)
Amp for components
My Sub
My Amp

[Edited on 13-01-2004 by Trucido]
TOMAS

14th Jan 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have a passive (box) crossover with your component set. This must still be used but you want to set the amp to AROUND 80Hz highpass. Most amps will have at least a 12dB per ocatve crossover, this is plenty good enough. Commonly people run components with 24dB slopes and sub woofers with 12dB slopes....
Trucido

14th Jan 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm no no crossover box...and you lost me on the rest
Dom

15th Jan 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there coxials, well look like it, so there wont be any physical crossover, so it should be as simple as connect the + & - to the terminals Read the manual though mate, will tell ya how you do it
As for crossover, like tomas said, sent the amps built in jobby to 80Hz and it should be fine. Although, its about personal taste personally and im sure you can adjust the bass on your front/rear preouts without affect the sub preout (if you HU has 3 preouts etc)

New Poll