corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » components for a corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author components for a corsa b
Wesley H

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

can anyone tell me the best componets for a corsa B, which come with a crossover?
Kris TD

13th Apr 03 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get whichever ones you want mate, none of em are a striaght fit. alpione tyre r's are always a good set to go for.
SteveW

13th Apr 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always down to how much you wanna spend. You could go for Infinitys for around £120 OR go for Polk MOMO for £500. its all up to your pocket. Also if you dont want any trouble fitting them, go for the 5.25" size. Fits straight in.

Steve
carl23

25th Apr 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there I would recommend Directed audio components wire them to an amp there fantastic and priced around the £140
RichR
Premium Member

26th Apr 03 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been really impressed with my mb quarts rsd 216's, especially when u compare there performance to the price......not bad at all.but as snowy said, it comes down to how much u want to spend, eventually I will upgrade again for something a bit more special, butthat'll be with pucker doorbuilds etc.

If ur using the original mounts or even an adaptor ring, the o/e speakers holes can be a pain in the arse. I was gonna o for either infinity kappas or alpine type rs but the magnet is too big, both width and length......and hits the window, when its wound down.......

in the end I went to the ice shop - c.e.l in derby, and got them to try several sets in my door linked upto my amp, and mb quartz were the best out of that proce bracket imo
stubbsy

26th Apr 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did u pay for them rich?
corb

26th Apr 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im always changing my system, im never happy with it, but i must say, ive not yet changed my infinity components or 6x9's which ive now had for over 2 years and theyre still impressive.
TOMAS

27th Apr 03 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huh @ Corb? I thaught you said in another post that you didnt use any midrange speakers cos youre an SPL contender?
corb

27th Apr 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in another post i said sarcatically that i dont see the need for anything other than bass, because i love bass sooo much!

Although when competing i only use bass, cos thats the rules. I still use my car as a day to day car,so still need to be able to listen to music.
RichR
Premium Member

27th Apr 03 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunc, cant remember - u need to speak to CEL when we go down...or maybe buy mine of me in a couple of motnhs time
stubbsy

27th Apr 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen a good website, well cheap stuff, only thing is that they are in america. http://thezeb.com been lookin at the lightning audio stuff.

New Poll