corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » some good components up front

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author some good components up front
Tam the diesel man

User status: Offline
8th May 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got about £200 to spend on these so i want something good
cheers
tam
digitalbanana

8th May 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine R's are apparantly good for corsa b's or go for infinity kappas
AdiSRI

8th May 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpine type R's dont fit without a door build the magnet is too big or so i was told?
elite v6

8th May 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some spacers and go infinity mate, i got some that are better s/q wise than my jade series pro plus's (£140) and were cheaper u should get 6 1/2's (655's,£115) in the doors with a little mod, u wont regret it and ur ears will love you.

my dvds never sounded so good, brill value for money.

gav.
ruggy

9th May 03 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phoenix gold have just released some octane r comps. about £120 and really good
TOMAS

9th May 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless youre going with custom door builds and sound deadening the door then youre wallet will not thank you! You wont really need that good a component set with factory positioning. Also are you going to amp them as this is really a must with components upfront. It would be a waste putting good components in their.
Infinity Referance are a great value speaker... £110 ish and they will get loud if you amp them. Ive had a set now for THREE years in my Corsa, they are the only remaining piece of Audio Equiptment from my old budget install, could do with upgrading but they just keep going strong. P.S they have a clean 100 wrms @ 12V flowing thru them!
elite v6

9th May 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

referance series are for original positions, component sets are just sized and will fit specific door builds, i have 655i ref's in the back and 655cs ref components in the front. altogether a great sound backed up with some serious subs
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kappas I brought didnt fit, even with spacers...... good speaker tho, played with them all at c-e-l in derby, they were my first choice afetr the type r alpine ones, but neither fitted, even tho I bought both of them, in the end I got mb quartz and imo Ive been really impressed, but I wanna eg tsomething bigger and ebtetr so Im gonna go for door builds over summer
someone

10th May 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so kappa dont fit??
I was gonna buy some of those
SportBoy

10th May 03 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got focals in mine vry pleased wivem
Dan
Premium Member

10th May 03 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got kinetic, and for 60 quid, i think they sound amazing

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
CorsaICE2002

11th May 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got 5inch rockfords in mine and they sound great
elite v6

11th May 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ i agree, should get em for around £170 ish, i was gona but opted for sumit a little less expensive.
CORS4

11th May 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got some infinity kappas 50.5cs up front. just in the middle of making the door pods. they do have a very clean and clear sound. almost heavenly.
at the moment they're run off an alpine amp at around 60rms, but the speakers can take 85rms and 225 max so i think a new amp is in order!

has any one ever heard of Macrom? they do some components that are supposed to be the dogz bollockz, expensive though

[Edited on 11-05-2003 by CORS4]
Virtue

12th May 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about Phoenix Gold's??? Meant to be good.

btw, how easy is it to fit the tweeters?
JayC

12th May 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have AudioBahn 5 1/4" Comps up front which were £129 and need to b ampt cos they are 120wRMS. They fit nicely and sound amazing but i'm still upgrading them in bout a month to the toprange Audiobahn comps 160wRMS and made of carbonfiber cost £280.

New Poll