corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Leccy Windows etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leccy Windows etc
Darren

User status: Offline
16th Jan 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car does not have the loom already installed so whats the best way of running the wires through the door into the car?? im guessing maybe drilling a hole and putting a grommet or something in??

any other suggestions??
Mav 3000

16th Jan 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got the wiring in your car itself - just buy the door harnesses from a scrappie and pug in - job done. If you've not go the loom forget about it.

search for my posts on this in this forum for the long version
Darren

16th Jan 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mav, nah i havent got the wiring in the car. just not sure how to run the wires through!!
greengoddess

16th Jan 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can get the cable clips that go into the connector from halfords then u can wire the leccy windows urself. Just follow the wiring diagram in the haynes manual and make sure you match up the correct wires to each other, and that u have all the parts needed.I'm going to try this myself when i can find money/source parts.
Mav 3000

16th Jan 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greengoddess what do you mean by 'the cable clips that go into the connector from halfords'? do you mean the small metal clips that plug into the multi-plug?

I was told that that is an option, but it would take about a day PER plug due to complexity (theres more than one blue wires for example - one for mirrors, one for windows)

Plus, Ipswich Corsa said that theres no wiring for the windows in the CAR (not sure if they realise i mean inside the car not the doors but...) this means even if they plug the wires to the car from the door, there will be no corresponding wires on the other side to go the fusebox or other door etc.

Read my guide for more info.
greengoddess

16th Jan 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i meant the metal connectors, and yes would be very time consuming but not impossible.
greengoddess

16th Jan 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i right in saying if you connect a battery to one end of one of the wires going to window switch for instance, you should be able to use a multimeter to see which wire it is in the multiplug, or use one of those screwdrivers with a test lamp inside?
greengoddess

16th Jan 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Mav just re read ur post. If you dont have the loom in the car side you can follow the haynes manual and wire it urself up to fuse box and then up to multiplug at the door.Then u would need the leccy loom in door to wire up to using test lamp/multimeter as said above.
Mav 3000

16th Jan 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you fancy making multi-plugs?? In theory it works but in practise its not worth it!

I swapped the entire loom to avoid this!
Darren

17th Jan 04 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, right ive got all the wireing diagrams and feeling pretty confident just dunno best way of getting the wires into the car!! i have absolutly no loom for windows or mirrors in the door or car
Mav 3000

17th Jan 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you've got two options really:

1) Get hold of the looms for the doors and the car and spend a day swapping them over

2) make your own looms and hope your wiring skills are up to the job with the doors, fuse box, power sources and everything else. I've no idea how you'd do this (ie feeding wiries through from door to door for example unless you have all different coloured wires.

It may pay to bin the mirror idea and get a third party leccie window kit and bridge off a permanent live already in or near the doors.

New Poll