corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » leccy windows!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author leccy windows!
M4tt

User status: Offline
13th Jun 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've searched through the threads and found out alot about leccy windows, but im a lil confussed on one thing -

i don't have the wires in me door looms and i don't have a fuse in the fuse holder.

does this mean i can't put electric windows in? without too much hard work, like sending wires into the car.

i find it hard to believe i don't have the wires for leccy windows since i have wires for heated seats and front fogs?

I've seen an electric window kit advertised in the back of demon tweeks, could i use that instead?

i really want electric windows now

any help much appreciated!

ta

matt
jm960326

14th Jun 03 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So have you only got 4 or so wires going into the door? For it to be easy you need bout 20 goin in there. Otherwise you gota try sort out getting all the wires in and out of the doors??
vauxtillidie

14th Jun 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a rite pain when u dont have the wires already, the hardest bit is gettin them into the door thru the multi plug. wot year/spec is ur car, i dont have wires for nethin in mine! but i have wired up central locking and leccy windows so it can be done with alot of messin about makin looms etc
Mav 3000

14th Jun 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or get the dash loom from another car like I did and borrow the multiplugs from them - wire them up to your existing loom and then connect it all up with lives and earths etc.

Check in the multiplug if you have the wiring like JM said, but without it, im still gonna try and get mine fitted!
M4tt

15th Jun 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers every1

Good luck Mav 3000, urs are the posts i've been reading!

i've got 9 wires in me doors.

are there certain colours for the wires for elctric windows?

i've got a 95 corsa SRi 16v

its got an airbag in it too if that means n e thing.

New Poll