corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Mirrors question?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Mirrors question?
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
12th Jan 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want some electric mirrors for my Gsi, as it didnt come with it as standard, ive got electric windows installed and i did the electric sunroof myself easily,

what exactly is involved in putting electric mirrors in??? motor,wiring, whole new mirror?

were does the switch go that adjusts the mirrors?

i want original vauxhall electric mirrors,how much are they brand new and 2nd hand from another corsa?
Mo

12th Jan 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your gsi didn't come with leccy windows, leccy sunroom or leccy mirrors??

i thought all gsi's came with the full leccy pack????

for the mirrors i think u just need the interior door with the directional button on, to direct the mirrors. not too sure though
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th Jan 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

far as i know, the Gsi Corsa came with optional electric windows/mirrors but the sunroof was manual on all as standard! but the motor for it will fit sraight out of a cavalier or carlton.

i think the interior door handle bit has the buttons for the windows on standard electric windows, my windows are a unversal fit and the switches were put were the window winders were to cover up the holes and a feed for the wires
Mo

12th Jan 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't know if they changed the interior layout on gsi, but on my sport the leccy window switches are on the door pocket and on the driver side interior handle directional button for the leccy mirrors.
clarkie

12th Jan 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, button's under ur thumb as u grab the handle, think the wireing shub b there, so new mirrors, switch and door trim(the manual have a stick pokin through the triangular shaped plastic trim)
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th Jan 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i see, cheers for info guys,

i wish i had got original vauxhall parts for the windows!!! these 3rd party ones are shite! it broke down on driverside in less that a year!

i will get original vauxhall electric mirrors tho, any idea how much will cost if i fit all myself

[Edited on 12-01-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Mo

12th Jan 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u might as well get after maerket mirrors that are electric, they'll probably cost the same as the originals but will look better.

oh by the way the original mirrors are also heated.
MoNkEy MaGiC

12th Jan 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will i need to replace the whole outer plastic casing for the electric mirrors??

or is it just the internal parts that are changed??

if needs changing i will have to respray the plastic to colour of car which is a pain n jus makes job longer!

i see, i didnt know they were heated aswell,helps them to dry n clear up wen they are wet init

cheers guys
Karnage Corsa

8th Feb 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Helps when frosty on a morning I miss mine
corsa_lover

9th Mar 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so ifyou buy aftermarket mirrors, what new wiring is needed and do you need any relays or anything like that?

New Poll