corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Single wiper conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Single wiper conversion
t44rnt

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought 1 of these of www.monostyle.com on thursday and tried to fit it last night wot a mission that ended up being, in the end i decided it was to complicated to do and put everything back together (scuttle panel, original wipers, etc) only to brake 1 of y wipers and to find out i have put the swwep motion out of place cos now the wiper ends up half way down the bonnet

i was just wondering if any1 of here has used 1 of these kits before and did they have any problems?
and does anybody fancy helpin me out?
Karnage Corsa

23rd Dec 03 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a piece of piss mate once you know what you are doing, have you read through the instructions propperly, I can't exactly remember how to do it myself but once you have swapped the linkage over its simply just getting it in the right place so et it once turn the wiper on and keep adjusting it a little bit at a time untill you are happy with the position, I personally don't like doing things like that on me own your always best off having a mate to guide you and give a second oppinion I will go have a look in the garage and see me instrusctions mate se if I can help you out I am sure they are still lying round somewhere, Regards Paul...
t44rnt

23rd Dec 03 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers karnage corsa, its just i dont understand the instructions at all
Dave Harwood

23rd Dec 03 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very simple matey! Just take your time.

The monostyle kit is superb
t44rnt

23rd Dec 03 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the instructions arent very straight foward. i could do with a few pics with people tellin wot to and wot not 2 do!
Scott

23rd Dec 03 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as everyone has said above mate

monostlye are brillaint kits, and the instructions are very simple to understand.

any problems feel free to give us a call mate.
t44rnt

23rd Dec 03 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers scott
Dave Harwood

23rd Dec 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also in the instructions should be a helpline direct to monostyle
t44rnt

23rd Dec 03 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but wot good is it to call a helpline, cos they cant see what i have and havent done
Karnage Corsa

23rd Dec 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but if you just go out now get ione of yer mates round yes ? do it step by step open bonnet takewipers & scuttle off take the tray underneath out take the old linkage out I am popsative I had to cut something aswell using a hacksaw cos it stuck out of the remaining wiper arm which was no longer in use, replace the old linkage with the new and then fit the arm and the blade and then see where the wiper goes and after that just set it to where yo uwant it, you cant just move the arm you have to set the linkage propperly or it will just spin off the windscreen each time you wipe it, Regards Paul...
t44rnt

23rd Dec 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers paul, sounds pretty straight foward. but 1 thing i have buggered up and im not sure how 2 fix it is now both my wipers sit half way down the scuttle, so i dont want my new single 1 sittin in the scuttle panle. and i dont kow how i did this
Dave Harwood

23rd Dec 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to re-align the motor linkage. This is also in the instructions
Karnage Corsa

23rd Dec 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should tell you exactly how to allign the wiper arm in the instructions the best thing to do is get out there do what you can and if you have any probs with the last stages of the job ask on the board and if we can't help yo uget on the phone the people who sell them or the people at monostyle are trained proffesionals, never think that you are being a pain in the arse when you ring them cos they are trained to deal with your call at the end of the day hundreds of people ring up to ask the very same question you want answering which is why they know their stuff but at the end of the day you and the thousands of other people who buy these pay their wages so dont be affraid to ring them get yer @rse out before it starts to get dark, Regards Paul...
t44rnt

24th Dec 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all fitted and done now boys! thatnks for all ur help i will get pics up soon
Karnage Corsa

24th Dec 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good lad bit of perserverance and the job's a good n

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Karnage Corsa]

New Poll