corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiper Dead Centre

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiper Dead Centre
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
31st Dec 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am soon to be smoothing my scuttle and I want my wiper dead centre so I can fit a larger wiper and also it looks ten times better. I have already got the single wiper conversion fitted but I need to know whats the best way to get the wiper over if anyone has done it has any pics diagrams or any info on what to do, I know Claire Richardson has done hers and I have U2U'd her already has anyone else done this cos I need to do it before I do my scuttle so I can drill where the wiper will go, Many thanks for any help you can give cheers Paul
stuyw

31st Dec 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the wiper relay out of the fusebox
Karnage Corsa

31st Dec 03 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you mean mate ? what is that going to do exactly
stuyw

31st Dec 03 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the relay makes it 'park' on the passenger side. Taking this out means that u can stop the blade anywhere on the windscreen. Thats wot i did with my nova
Karnage Corsa

31st Dec 03 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it will still work as it would normally but it will just stop where you want it to ? I will give that a go later on or tomorrow but what I actually mean mate is if you look at the wiper coversion the wiper actually does'nt sit right in the middle it sits slightly left of the middle which makes it look wrong if you know what I mean also if its smack in the centre you can put a bigger blade on so you get more vision when it rains, Claire mentioned something to me about her Father in law welding the actual linkage of the wiper
TOMAS

31st Dec 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget all that. If you want to adjust where the wiper parks you need to undo the nut on the motor itself (under the scuttle at the right of the brake fluid res) and turn the wiper to where you want it to park and then do it up tight. It will now stop at that position but as mentioned its not dead center its off to the left. You want a 17" straight wiper arm with a 20" wiper blade (this is what comes in the storm kits)
TOMAS

31st Dec 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oops, re-read your post! You need to fabricate yourself some new wiper linkage assembly mounts. Their are three in total. You'll have to somehow construct new mounts. One idea would be to use the existing ones but weld some thick steel strip to each one about 3" long and re-drill the mounting holes on the end of the strips, thus shifting each one right by 3"? maybe try and draw a quick scetch in paint...
Karnage Corsa

31st Dec 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats exactly what I mean mate thanks very much, thatswhat I am talking about I am glad someone around hear can understand my northern speak, I need to try and get this done this week so that when I do the scuttle I know exactly where to drill the hole for the wiper arm thanks for your input mate

New Poll