corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO YOYOPUNTO

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO YOYOPUNTO
Corsa Racer 69

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same CCM rear bumper that u had on yer corsa how did you light up the numberplate any1 one else apart from him who knows?
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 03 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know about his - But in my recess, thats been cut into a psg2 rear - I used sierra number plate lights - they're pretty slimline and arnt easily visibla.

secondly got a feeling he didnt have a smooth tialgate and just put the plate into the ccm recess occasionally - not 100% on that - basically dont think he lit it
Corsa Racer 69

2nd Jul 03 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought LED numberplate screws would be enough to get it thru the MOT but i foned up 2 get em an was told there not so im stuck just now, did the sierra numberplate lights need to be recessed in ?
corsa5dr

2nd Jul 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires still there under the bumper, if they are you could just feed them up and stick the number plate light on with some tape for the MOT, might be enough to pass?
Corsa Racer 69

2nd Jul 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh all the wiring for the light is still there but what happens if i get stoppped by sum arsehole cop can he do me
corsa5dr

2nd Jul 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure tbh mate.
Probably not as long as the number plate is lit, doesnt really matter how its held on as long as its not gonna fall off as soon as you go over a bump. Hopefull will be enough to pass the MOT, worth a go rather than cutting a recess into your bumper.
M4tt

2nd Jul 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't think Yoyo uses this site n e more.

i keep seeing his old car in my area though. still looks mint. well loud zorst, suprised me since it s a 1.0 like!
Daimo B

2nd Jul 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loud, fuck that, just think of the motorway journeys in that. Bollox to that

RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 03 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, they just olt on, above the number plate on mine ( or below if u like) u can have two, but I only have one in the centre - cause my cars white and dead reflective it doesnt need both -

nehow they were £2.50 for two from the scrappies- take a screwdriver to prize them out of the o/e sierra bumper, and then wire clippers to cut the old wiring off, take at least an inch or so of the wires, as u need the asdaptor that plugs in to the actual light fitting. dead simple job - 5/10 mins, U cant even see mine, but ive got a deep recess -

jaffa's got the same and although his are more visible but still not an intrusion onto the aesthetics of the car

just incase u cant see them, they're in the centre recess, two black rectangular things
luca2020

2nd Jul 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled over by old bill for not having rear number plate lights

i had the led number plate screws thinking i was ok, but i was wrong lol

£30 fine and a producer
vauxtillidie

2nd Jul 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint got a number plate light but i dont drive it around much at nite but im gonna have to sort somethin out. i got a few ideas when i was at santa pod, some ppl have used the led washer jets to light up the number plate and i saw one where they just had some led's pointing at the letters on the numberplate, i think this wud be ok if they were bright led's.

i saw yoyo's old corsa at santapod the other week, some girl owns it now
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jul 03 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £2.50 - u cant beat the sierra ones in my opinion - they were designed to light a numberplate at the end of the day and they do it fine
M4tt

3rd Jul 03 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the girl that owns yoyos old car gets everywhere, its every where i go virtually.

wonder what the milage is like on it? didn't yoyo have to travel like 100 miles a day to get to uni?

sorry bit off topic

New Poll