corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No no - the proposal is that being a prem means you are allowed to buy a ticket.

You don't get one for free just for being prem. We couldn't afford that.
Colin

11th Dec 06 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its just the chance to buy tickets preem will offer Dom

Correctamundo

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by Colin]
Dom

11th Dec 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh....

Basically, prem members can buy tickets for shows whereas non-prem can't?
James

11th Dec 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
ahhh....

Basically, prem members can buy tickets for shows whereas non-prem can't?

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed
Colin

11th Dec 06 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, maybe on a simple scale just have a sticky in GC titled 'showing with CS' (or similar) & have details in there about aquiring a 'CS show licence' from an organiser - an agreement between them & you to be able to attend shows, represent their club etc etc & such like....this will give you approved status required by VBOC.....maybe give them a 'club member' sign under their name or whatever
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pretty much, which is what I was talking about early on in the thread, just validation for existing profiles, we take address etc. and as you say tick a few boxes saying I promise not to dick about.
James

11th Dec 06 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
tick a few boxes saying I promise not to dick about.
Not sure VBOA will appreciate it if its worded like that
Colin

11th Dec 06 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So long as thats enough to satisfy them...you dont want to be turned away a second time

Which Vauxhall clubs are already VBOC aproved excluding migweb??
Robin
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VxSCC, PVG (?)
BabyBlade

11th Dec 06 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does Corsasport have to be in with the VBOA anyway?

Never heard of VBOA until this thread..

If it's this much hassle it's not worth it.. (IMO)
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 05:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good comments and discussion in here so far.

BabyBlade - VBOA would give CS a certain status as a vauxhall car club, we would also be sent new members from VBOA when they have the random corsa owner ask them "what corsa club can i join?"
MatG

11th Dec 06 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bit of information about the VBOA as some of you are unaware of what the association is.

The VBOA is the official Vauxhall Motors recognised coordinating body for clubs catering for owners and enthusiasts of Vauxhall, Bedford and Opel vehicles in the UK and for Vauxhall and Bedford vehicles overseas. The VBOA organises events for associated clubs and their members and acts as liaison on car, commercial vehicle and owners' club matters with Vauxhall Motors and other interested bodies. Membership of the VBOA is open to all owners' clubs for the Vauxhall, Bedford and Opel marques.

So being a part of the VBOA has huge advantages for a club like CorsaSport, some of which are below:

Recognition by the Association which in turn gives the club a more official standing for prospective members.

A line of communication to Vauxhall.

The ability to take part in VBOA organisied events IE, The national rally @ Billing aqudrome, The Heritage Day @ the Vauxhall Heritage Centre, VBOA Parts Days.

Vauxhall Trade Club which gives members trade prices on parts and or servicing.

Gives Cosa Sport a representative to be involved in how the VBOA and the Vauxhall community is perceived and how to build on a already dedicated following for the marque.

For a lot more information about the VBOA and the clubs involved, go to the website:

www.vboa.org.uk

It was good to see you all (Ian, Matt and William) at our End of Year Party on Saturday, I am sorry to hear that it wasnt 100% good news from the presentation but at least you have the means to get your procedures correct and in place.

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by MatG]
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 06:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help and support MatG
jr

11th Dec 06 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so are we any clearer on whats the plan is ?
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure there is alot more input to be given before we can decide on a plan of action.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep forgetting to use my discount card at Vauxhall whenever I go down there.
Iain M

11th Dec 06 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever the action taken i will back 100%. I have been a prem member for just over a year now and the help i have received and the people i have met and the places i have been for that matter has been great.

There is no danger of me paying my prem mebership next year, or even a little bit extra to show (if it comes to that).

Keep up the good work.
Cosmo

11th Dec 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent read it all but...

Why not just make it a nominal fee to join, say 50p or something? That way you are charging to be a member, yet its only 50p so not going to stop many (if any) joining up.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That did come up in conversation during the meeting, but no one suggested a figure. 50p may as well be 1p, we would lose it in processing costs anyway.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but why not make it offical, like you actully join up pay a fee and get the chance to go on stands etc

im sure that will be looked on better than some random charge just to prove there is paying members whos detials are held
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
11th Dec 06 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are we stumped then Ian?

Info isn't a problem for me. Paying to get into a show stand etc suits me also - Get the cars more quality over quantity etc.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mwg

11th Dec 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know if this has been discussed allready - too many pages to read through.

But are there even that many cars on here that have been finished to the sort of standards that other cars at Billing are finished to?

I find alot of the cars I have seen on here look good then you see them at somewhere like PVS and realise they aren't actually half as good a condition as they look in the photo's. Photo's hide alot of things.
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
But are there even that many cars on here that have been finished to the sort of standards that other cars at Billing are finished to?

I find alot of the cars I have seen on here look good then you see them at somewhere like PVS and realise they aren't actually half as good a condition as they look in the photo's. Photo's hide alot of things.

PVS and Trax are normally open to any modified Corsa, Billing being Billing means we will be more picky who we allow on the stand.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a separate issue Matty.

The cars should be well presented, and if we limit on numbers we would go through this process best we can.

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by Ian]

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 23 database queries in 0.0146320 seconds