corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Mar 15 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irmscher Splitter is a good choice - I facelifted mine so that I could get one on my old Corsa.
Jason x
Premium Member

21st Mar 15 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
Looking good mate! Love the bonnet Quite difficult to get hold of!

I'd get the rear lifted though, got loads of rear rake. You thinking about getting any sideskirts?

Cheers

yeah I always liked badboy bonnets on Corsa B's , the front will be coming down eventually to match the rear.

I'm not 100% sure on side skirts dont know if they'd suit my car

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Irmscher Splitter is a good choice - I facelifted mine so that I could get one on my old Corsa.

I really like them, keeping my eye out for one but have something else in the mean time now
Jason x
Premium Member

21st Mar 15 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided i was going to put the laguna splitter on this morning, i still like the irmscher splitters but i haven't found one yet and i want to do other stuff first anyway so decided i'd put this on for now

Got my spare bumper out to measure and cut the splitter

Then took the standard splitter off mine and put it on.

Still need to drill and screw it onto the bumper as its just wedged in the gap the standard one was in at the moment but i'll be doing that tomorrow before i drive the car
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laguna splitter on properly now, secured on by 6 self tapping screws

Probably no more updates for a while now saving for some paint to be done at bodyshop

[Edited on 22-03-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Mar 15 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason x
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very unexciting update, but never the less got a few bits done today.

First of all the top part of the grab handle needed sorting out, when i originally put the chrome handles on i had to file down part of the handle plastic to prevent the chrome handle catching. This worked great as it doesn't catch whatsoever now but it did leave marks from being filled down. So today decided i was going to sand them down to get rid of the marks and paint them, didn't want to do them blue again like i did before as they looked tacky so decided i'd do them gloss black to keep it subtle.

Primer

First coat

After another coat and a couple coats of lacquer

Then primed and painted the other one, i only managed to do one coat though as i ran out of paint so i'll finish as soon as i get some more black paint next week.

few pics of the one with lacquer vs one without

next up was sorting the driver side chrome handle, due to changing it like an animal the first time it suffered from some damage

Luckily i bought a set of four so had one spare for each side, so set about getting that changed over.

off it came

said damage, also had some scratching on the face

new, un-damaged one

and onto the Corsa backing plate

back together

by this time due to the nice weather, the handle had dried enough to put back on

Not that much different, but looks much better to me. Passenger side one needs another coat of paint and then lacquer but that will be sorted next week once i've got some more paint.

Made a smallish to do list for the next few months.

•Paint center console
•Replace heater bulbs (again)
•Boss + new steering wheel
•New leather gear gator
•Gloss black bumper tops & arches
•Lower front another 30/40mm

[Edited on 06-04-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the little things that add up and make it look much nicer overall

You thinking of going to PVS?
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there's lots of little things like this that need sorting

I'm not sure if I'm going to PVS it's so far away I dunno I if I CBA.
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here, I really wanna paint my plastic trim as it has a scratch on it from the previous owner that's always annoyed me

Santa Pod isn't it? It's a 2 hour journey for me so I'm guessing more if you are on the other side of the border!
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Four and a half hour drive each way according to Google maps

If I was spraying the outside trim I'd have put more effect into smoothing the texture off etc but I'm not that bothered about inside
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Apr 15 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on about the wheel arch trims and that, lad on allcorsa did his gloss black and it looked the balls imo

Lol that's quite a trek for PVS, what about Castle Combe? It's 50 mins for me
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Apr 15 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah gloss black bumpertops look good, will be getting them done on mine just not sure weather ill do it myself or take to bodyshop.. leaning towards getting it done by a bodyshop at the moment though.

Castle Combe is just over 2 hour drive, i'm not close to anything
--ToM--

5th Apr 15 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So much better black than the blue mate

I aerosol painted all my interior pillar trims blsck in my old corsa , even sprayed the head lining and it looked spot on
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Apr 15 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah soon went off the blue, ill be doing my head lining as soon as i figure out how to remove the A pillars

[Edited on 05-04-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Apr 15 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, done a bit more today.

first of heres a better photo of newly sprayed handle

then took the centre console off

put everything else back so i can still use it

after a VERY long time rubbing down i finally got all the texture smoothed off

and primed

Will be getting colour on tomorrow if weathers still nice just trying to decide between a very dark anthracite or gloss black

[Edited on 05-04-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Apr 15 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sandpaper grade did you use for the plastics?
Generation

6th Apr 15 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew you'd see sense eventually and get rid of the tacky blue, much better!

Not a fan of the splitter, never understood why people fit them, always seemed a "can do it, so will" mod.
JonnyTurbo92

7th Apr 15 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the look of this mate keep.up the good work
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Apr 15 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
What sandpaper grade did you use for the plastics?

I'm not sure tbh pal it's just what I found in the shed, it's very fine though so not to create deep scratches in the plastic then went over it with steel wool.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Apr 15 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I knew you'd see sense eventually and get rid of the tacky blue, much better!

Not a fan of the splitter, never understood why people fit them, always seemed a "can do it, so will" mod.

At the time I really liked the blue but soon went off it, especially when I put the leathers in.

I like the splitter though, looks good. Nicer than standard anyway and goes well with badboyyy bonnet.
anthcorsa

7th Apr 15 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks decent the Finnish on those handles man.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Apr 15 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyTurbo92
Like the look of this mate keep.up the good work

Cheers bud
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Apr 15 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
Looks decent the Finnish on those handles man.

Cheers bud yeah not too bad got the other one today update coming now
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Apr 15 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some more stuff done over the past few days, first of all painted the centre console.. Went with Anthracite as Its a nice contrast to the black

Photo before lacquer

replaced the heater bulbs before putting it all back as old ones stopped working

then got the centre console lacquered and finished and put it all back

then finished the passenger door handle today, good shine

[Edited on 08-04-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

9th Apr 15 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some more done today, painted A pillars satin black

Need to do B/C pillars and roof lining next

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 23 database queries in 0.0217600 seconds