corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Aug 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Think your flies might be undone mate.

Caught...
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all, will try and get some of it moving soon, am away or a couple of weeks now.
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, as it's still not decided if this is staying or going, I've decided to do a couple of tweaks that make the car both easier to live with, and potentially more desirable to prospective buyers if it does go for sale.

I was bidding on an updated 2012 Sat Nav disc, but earlier when I got outbid at almost the price of a cheaper (copy...) 2013 version, I decided to not bid anymore.

So then, spent my money on something else to get rid of an annoying accessory I use;

- Op-Com
- Precision Soldering Iron tips
- Electronics suitable Anti-Static/Magnetic Tweezers
- Various Electronic Components
- A Panel Mounted 3.5mm Aux Socket

The plan is to carry out a well known modification to the CD70 Navi unit I've got installed - basically, models built after November 2007 were fitted with an Aux Input and the CD70 was updated to be compatible with an Aux In function. My car was registered in September 2007, so not even close to running the compatible gear. Bah. This will mean I can feck the Aux/FM Transmitter I use off, as it's crap.

First I need to update my CD70 Software to the later 2007 revision to support the Aux In function - very kindly, a member from VXROnline is posting me out the required GM Update Disc to carry this out FOC - then I need to use Op-Com to activate the Aux In function on the unit. Once this is done, I remove the Unit, strip it down and solder in a few additional components to one of the PCBs - these are tiny, hence the Precision Tips and Tweezers. I then need to mount the Aux socket (which I intend to fit to the tray below the Stereo where the OE Socket is found on the later cars), and wire it to the Wiring Connection Block that connects to the Unit.

It should all then function, provided I've not cocked anything up!

If this all goes to plan & works, the next idea is to install a USB Socket in the same area to allow charging/use of devices without plugging into the Cigarette Socket.
mooney

3rd Sep 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like plan, good looking car should sell easily if you choose to go down that route
mines the 06 plate so got the opera cdc 40 dab radio in and miss the aux I had in my mk5 astra
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another CS user with one - think thats 4 current owners now!

I think I've seen threads on Vectra-C regarding Aux Conversions for the CDC40...
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Sep 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started the Aux conversion - carried out the Updates via the GM CD & also Opcom

Now it's just the hardware changes to do...
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried the Hardware changes - not successful.

Couldn't get the Soldering Iron in to some of the required places, it's still too big.

Considering my options pending the possibility of borrowing a smaller Iron, but may send it off to be done instead.
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now MOT'd for another year.

Couple of things to do - a single advisory for a worn rubber gaiter on one of the Front ARB Droplinks, but not split.

Found a Foglight has been impacted and the mountings snapped, so that will need replacement too.

Need to get the Decat refitted, as it's quiet again now...

Finally, still need to get the CD70 Aux Conversion finished.

Tax due at the end of the month, and then Insurance Renewal after that. Joy.
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VED now renewed - 6 months...

Insurance Renewed - knocked £300 off of my renewal with Flux after they beat a competitors quote - Jo is now on the insurance, so will let her loose in it soon... :/

Oh, and finally, it's going to be joined by another, NEW, Vauxhall on the driveway very very soon. Something else to lug to the shows!
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ya gonna get?
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
What ya gonna get?

GF ordered this yesterday, Dealer network had it in stock and it was delivered for PDI & Registration today;

1.2 16v VVT - (Un)Limited Edition - Chilli Orange

Should be ready and with her by next weekend. She's really happy too, she wanted the Chilli Orange over any other colour, and also wanted the LE over other models (unless we jointly got a VXR).

Typically, I came out to Saudi lastnight too, so won't see it for up to 4 weeks...
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be ok for getting about in, nice.
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ideal for her, and much more up-to-date than her current Mazda 2
djgritt
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFL Headlights purchased to allow for another Conversion/Upgrade...

Should be a fairly simple job, as seemingly I have the majority of parts that are required pre-installed with the car being a VXR... Hopefully it stays a simple one!
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFL Headlights arrived at home today, got Jo to open them up and check them out for me - definitely AFLs due to the different shape Indicators, the additional lamp next to the Projector, and the Blue Halo around the Projector;

These are the lamps the turn with the Steering - I thought of them as being a bit of a gimmick when they were newly released, so wasn't ever fussed by the idea. However, the Mazda I bought earlier this year has them as standard, and they are, frankly, brilliant. I was sold.

The other bonus with the conversion, is that I will benefit from upgrading to Bi-Xenon instead of the individual Halogen Main Beam with a Xenon on Dip only as I do currently - the AFL Projector adjusts a flap/damper that utilises the single Xenon Bulb for both dip & main beam.

They should be a relatively simple conversion.
Bonney

2nd Nov 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you not considered a small thin screwdriver heated up to melt the solder in the tight places?
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Nov 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Have you not considered a small thin screwdriver heated up to melt the solder in the tight places?

Nah, I hadn't.

Not sure tha't work well either, the components especially are pretty tiny. Already fucked one of the smallest ones up with my soldering iron, so happy to pay someone else for the hassle tbh.

Haven't actually got round to doing that yet either, something else to sort when I get home!
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got to love Vauxhalls for sometimes being easy to retro fit stuff.
BeetleGav

4th Nov 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need a hot air solder station to do the smaller ones, melts the solder beneath and you can work with a pair of tweezers.
its a bastards if its on too high though, blows components off the board
Graham88

4th Nov 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you going to do about the laquer peel on the headlights? My ones on my Astra are doing the same thing

Do love the Vauxhalls for Retro fitting
John

4th Nov 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
you will need a hot air solder station to do the smaller ones, melts the solder beneath and you can work with a pair of tweezers.
its a bastards if its on too high though, blows components off the board

Don't need a hot air station, smaller soldering tip will be fine.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv soldered way smaller than that with a normal soldering iron.
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
What are you going to do about the laquer peel on the headlights? My ones on my Astra are doing the same thing

Do love the Vauxhalls for Retro fitting

They seem to come up well with some cautious Wet & Dry paper use, so I'll just do that I think. There's a decent guide on the Vectra-C Forums for the Pre-Facelift models that suffer with the same reaction.
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also got the Conversion information this week. I need to add in 2x Cables, and then carry out the Tech2 work.
OPCOM won't access the hardware relaibly, so I've also arranged for a local(ish) person to do the programming once the lamps are installed and wired.

Considering the Factory Bluetooth & TPMS Retrofits next too...
AlexW

4th Nov 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly as easy as a VAG! (in terms of retrofitting)

With the headlights, assume they go the same as Clio ones (although clio ones go bloody bad), Take your time doing it and I recommend buying the 3M kit you can get, come up mint then!

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 23 database queries in 0.1767170 seconds