corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 14 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid my annual Man Tax today. Bloody thing.

Gave the interior a good clean up yesterday, as it hadn't been done very well for over a year. The shame...

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do the outside later this week too, all in preparation for Combe at the end of the month - it appears I am going to be away until the Thursday before the event so won't have much time to get 2x Cars sorted out on the Friday.

Also, I currently have funds bulking up to get the Wheels refurbed at the end of April and to also replace all of the Front Brakes, as the discs are pretty heavily worn on the inner face and the Pads are coming up to requiring replacement too. I'll also be replacing all of the Rear brakes too (with the parts that I've had sat in my lock-up since the end of 2011... )

I'm otherwise doing some small tidying up of parts etc, to try to bring it back up to scratch - it's been a little abused/neglected over the winter in ways, and I feel a bit bad about it.
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some bits done this week.

Interior tidied, hoovered and cleaned - ideally could do with some new Mats as they are wearing out - something to keep my eye out for.
I also need to get a new piece of upper B-Pillar trim as the fabric coating is wearing off (you can see it next to the Drivers seat - the light Grey piece is all patchy) - I'll probably just get both sides so that they are done;

Engine Bay tidied up - I had previously painted the Inlet Plenum & Turbo Heatshield in Satin Black, but the Plenum coating became chipped and looked a bit 'worn', and the Heatshield coat just eventually powdered from the heat and looked properly crap, so I rubbed it back down to the Alloy and the Silver finish. I never really liked that, and had been meaning to do the Plenum again at some point. So, bought some Matt Metallic Black VHT Paint and painted the parts again. It dries to a Grey-like finish rather than Black, but still looks Ok.
Whilst I was waiting for paintwork to dry, I removed a lot of the plastics and cleaned them all (Covers, Pipework, Airbox etc) and also cleaned the Tanks and caps. It's not perfect, but does look a fair bit better than before.
I also fitted the smaller Lambda spacer that I previously had fitted to further extend the Sensor as very rarely, the Emissions lamp illuminates for a few days and prevent Sport mode from working fully. Time will tell if this is improved or not.

corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks alright in grey. I taxed mine on the first.

Are you with WR again, or Vauxsport?
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With VxON this time, seeing as we actually remembered to book our attendance for this one...
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 06:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't think what club it was, Vauxsport isn't even going now.
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is off the road until the end of the month now - Front brakes are shot, and seem to be metal-metal on the inner faces of the Discs. The brakes aren't particularly cheap, so I'll be waiting until I get paid this month (getting extra pay from recent abroad work) to do it.
I've been to and from Luton today in it, and they've gotten worse on the return trip, so I think it' for the best.

Bummer really, as was due to take it to Castle Combe at the end of the month, and will now have to go in the GFs Corsa LE instead...
Ojc

6th Apr 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all bad mate, I'm in same predicament with the Clio, needs new discs and pads (not cheap) new front tyres so I'll probably bring Corsa. I'll race you 1.3 v 1.2
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Apr 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I don't mind bringing the Corsa actually, and the missus is happy that she doesn't have to drive now.

No competition between the 1.3 & 1.2 - the Petrol is uber slow!
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Apr 14 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally fitted the Rear Brakes I've had for ages, easy peasy, don't know why I left them for so long. Also, removed stuff wasn't as heavily worn as I'd first thought. Bonus.

Lastnight though, I jacked it up and got it ready, and also sprayed the edge/hub area of the Discs as a bit of an attempt at future rust protection. We'll see how it fares over time...
Also, gave the Calipers a little clean up too, not great but meh, better than they were.

Just the Fronts to do now, once I get the parts...
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Apr 14 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just managed to get some eBay bargains;

Uprated Front Discs - purchased
Uprated (EBC Yellowstuff) Pads - purchased.

Should be here by the Easter weekend, and if my work trip keeps getting delayed (2wks overdue now...), then I should be around to fit it all.

nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Apr 14 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work. Rear discs always look so pathetic though lol.

MX5 Project Thread
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Apr 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they do. I'm suprised these look so small though - they are the same size as what was fitted to the front of my Corsa before... 292mm, Vented.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You bought yellow stuff pads... What posessed you?

Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May as well have bought blocks of wood
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
You bought yellow stuff pads... What posessed you?

Because they worked well when they were last fitted...
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a car like yours, fast, heavy etc.. id of opted for something a bit more... not shit..

i hope you dont have to stop in a hurry from a decent speed.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
on a car like yours, fast, heavy etc.. id of opted for something a bit more... not shit..

i hope you dont have to stop in a hurry from a decent speed.

Ok.

They've managed that scenario fine in the past, and they've been faultless for 2 1/2 years.
Think I'll stick to to what I know work rather than start fucking about trying to find alternatives for no real reason.
Ojc

16th Apr 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your happy then that's main thing, I had them on my VXR for about 16 hours before removing them.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Apr 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon you would have been even more impressed with something other than EBC though.
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front Brakes done - all parts arrived at a reasonable time, so got on with fitting them.

Outer faces looked reasonable;

Inner faces... Not so much;

Scrap pile, and Fronts all done.

Tested, and fine. Need full bedding in now.

Though, having Yellowstuff pads, I did have to avoid multiple accidents whilst I was doing Hot Laps around the block.

[Edited on 17-04-2014 by djgritt]
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you think they are decent just wait until you try some propper pads.

djgritt
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a case of thinking they are decent, it's a case that they are fine for all I do in the Car.
It doesn't do Track stuff anymore and doesn't get used regularly. What more do I need for occasional trips exactly?
Jimbothebarbarian

17th Apr 14 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funk me I have standard discs and pads on mine! How the hell I've not killed myself I'll never know....
Corsa_Sport21

17th Apr 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard pads are better then EBC.
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suprised at the amount of people who seem to have driven my Barge and can tell me my brakes are shit because I've fitted some Yellow pads.
Best hide my keys more effectively going forwards.

Trips to Tesco don't require MintRodoDSFC100000000 Super Racing pads to slow down for speedbumps. Christ.

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 24 database queries in 0.2039940 seconds