corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  111    112    113    114    115    116    117  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Generation

User status: Offline
6th Apr 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extra revs just allowing whatever is flooding engine to bun off?
Mark.W

6th Apr 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked all the wiring Shaun?

Sounds similar to what mine sounded like when mine was running on 2 cyliners and turned out to be a loose wire that went into the blue plug where the fuel rail is.

Just something you could look into mate.
red_top_corsa

6th Apr 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the timing on the cams arnt set up right to me
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've checked everything obvious Mark Couldnt see any problems.

red_top_corsa it could well be something to do with the timing mate. Thats what I originally thought but when I phoned Newman all they could tell is that they 'should' work on standard timing marks Which wasnt a massive help.

Mine old cams have now been removed from my old cylinder head ready for swapping over tomorrow morning!
JaffaTB

6th Apr 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't you turn up the butterfly on the side of the throttle body? i had to do that on mine after i rebuilt after having it ported and polished
daymoon
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well to me it sounds like it is misfiring.

Have you measured the compression after the rebuild?

Also can you not find any one else that used these cams on x16/x14?
kylesri

6th Apr 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this fault before but i found the problem was when removing the ht leads couple of the rubber casings broke and caused it to spark out in the head but when revving a little it smoothed out
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds similar to when mine was hitting valves shaun! We thought it was the lifters making the noise like that as well but then it wouldn't idle, then it got progessively worse. We did a compression test and found it with no compression in cylinder 4 and had 2 bent valves. All valves on the exhaust side were hitting so slightly but only damaged 2.

I really hope it isn't that as it's a bitch but hopefully you get it sorted

[Edited on 06-04-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omg Daz dont tell me that lol! Fingers crossed that isnt the problem!

Jaffa I don't think you can adjust it on the x16xe's mate?

daymoon I cant find anyone else running these cams no I've only found a couple of threads over on mig but they are from years ago!

Theres so many posibilities that could be causing the problems. Im just praying that when I swap the cams back over the problems go away.

I've also got a new tensioner for the cambelt ready for the swap tomorrow. Im a bit worried about the current one as its been tensioned and untensioned that many times now trying to sort it so I'll be fitting a new one for piece of mind
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you sort it mate,just hope everythings ok with your old cams in,can't see why it shouldn't.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
daymoon
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should measure compression before swap cams anyway IMHO!
taylorboosh

7th Apr 12 at 05:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see why the cams would cause that tbh
daymoon
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
i dont see why the cams would cause that tbh

If they have to timed up differently and he has got his pulleys set up on standard marks valves will open and close at wrong time and hit pistons and also this will cause little or no compression
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Cams definitely a profile for std pistons?
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Nic, they are only PH1 264's with a 9.64 lift so they are fine for standard pistons
taylorboosh

7th Apr 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have they sent the right ones?
taylorboosh

7th Apr 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some for salein the ne section you know
red_top_corsa

7th Apr 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Yeah I've checked everything obvious Mark Couldnt see any problems.

red_top_corsa it could well be something to do with the timing mate. Thats what I originally thought but when I phoned Newman all they could tell is that they 'should' work on standard timing marks Which wasnt a massive help.

Mine old cams have now been removed from my old cylinder head ready for swapping over tomorrow morning!

yeah they might work mate but for best performance and running you need some Vernier Pulleys as these will give you a much better set up but i would of thought newman would of said this as they a good company.
AlexW

8th Apr 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds fucking terrible.

Run it, Pull one plug lead off at a time and see if one makes it much worse.

Will either all be the same, or one wont be as bad, then home in on that one to find the fault. Or Only one could make a huge differance then you have big problem.

Before starting it did you spin it over without the plugs in?

Personally I think its bending valves, Or one has snapped off and fallen in.

shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITS ALIVE PEOPLE!

So on saturday morning me and my dad set about removing the newman cams so that we could refit my old standard ones. We got the timing belt off and started removing the pulleys. Inlet one cam off no problem but the exhaust one didnt want to budge. So we gave it a tap with a mallet and it snapped one of the lobes off the pulley Metal must have gone brital on it. Couldnt believe I was having more bad luck lol

Old cams fitted -

We carried on as far as we could on saturday and I posted up a wanted ad straight away for a new pulley. Boz_gsi sorted me out with one straight away and I collected it yesterday night Cheers again for that mate, was a massive help! Oh and I want your Golf badly absolute beast dude, loved it!

New pulley fitted and belt all timed up with the new tensioner fitted!

Refitted everything and turned it over and omg what a difference! Starts and idles perfect now I decided to take it out for a quick spin round the block and it drives lovely! Was great to finally get behind the wheel again. The new lifters are still tappy, just need to get some miles on it now.

One little problem I noticed was that when I pulled up on my drive was that there was about a tea spoon of oil on the drive that had leaked out of it. Its always leaked since I've had it but I cant remember if this was 'normal' for it or not so I've put it up on stands and cleaned the underside again ready to start it and double check where its leaking from

The newman cams have also been wrapped back up to keep them protected ready for next year

Thank you to everyone thats helped me with the problems I've been having! Really greatful for it

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by shaunmods]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
Sounds fucking terrible.

Run it, Pull one plug lead off at a time and see if one makes it much worse.

Will either all be the same, or one wont be as bad, then home in on that one to find the fault. Or Only one could make a huge differance then you have big problem.

Before starting it did you spin it over without the plugs in?

Personally I think its bending valves, Or one has snapped off and fallen in.

He's here again,mr know it all! Snapped valves weren't it Shaun?

Really chuffed for ya buddy,finally get to drive it again after all this time. Had better luck than i have anyways.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one shaun! Glad it's running again

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear it's running again, i was fearing the worst tbh when i saw the video, didn't sound good at all. All the internals all good then?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
M Sutton

8th Apr 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woop! Glad its running ok mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! I am chuffed at the minute

Paul I know what you mean mate, it sounded dog rough!

Just been out and started the car and the lifters are as quiet as a mouse now Must have been one just sticking slightly or something. Had a look at the oil leak and I think its just where the oil leaked down from the failing rocker cover gasket and has collected in the holes in the engine mount as its coming from that area. But I will be keeping a very close eye on it for over the next couple of weeks though just to be safe

Done a little video just to show how it runs now. A pretty big transformation over the last one i did lol

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by shaunmods]

<<  111    112    113    114    115    116    117  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1262000 seconds