corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  109    110    111    112    113    114    115  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 12 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

Its alive! Got the new rocker cover gasket set on, fitted the leads and topped up the oil. I started it up and it screeched like hell! Luckily it was only the cam belt cover catching on the bottom pulley thank god. It was running sweet after that until I refitted the aux belt. Now its missfiring quick badly and struggles to idle. I left it for the afternoon while I was at work, just been out and started again and its still doing it So need to investigate that tomorrow. My dads think it could be something to do with the timing as we were having a right game trying to get it timed up on the standard marks. Its just wierd how it was fine before we switched it off to put the belt on No EML showing either

Hopefully its a simple fix. Glad its finally running though!
NathanR

24th Mar 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it started shaun ! . Bet you've been waiting to hear it started again for ages ! Hope you sort it out with ease tho , when you planning on having it back on the road ?
Generation

24th Mar 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you clean all the oil of leads etc
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Nath The plan was next week depending on whether or not I can get it running sweet

Generation thats just got my thinking actually. I did clean the plugs and leads up but when my dad took them out today to redo the timing they were oily again from oil in the spark plug socket. He cleaned them up again but I've just spoke to him and the socket wasnt cleaned so they could well be oily again from refitting! Cheers for the idea mate thats the first thing i'll be checking tomorrow! Anyone got any pointers for cleaning the inside of the HT leads up?

[Edited on 24-03-2012 by shaunmods]
philip2

25th Mar 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carb cleaner should help matey
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this morning I cleaned the plugs and leads up again and it made no difference unfortunately. So me and my dad double checked all the timing again and its perfect on the standard timing marks. When the engines cold and the revs are higher its fine, as soon as the revs drop when it warms up its struggles to idle and I have to hold the revs up to stop it stalling.

I've checked everything that I can thing of so I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. Im going to let the car cool right down now and do a video of it from cold so I can show exactly whats happening.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I'll get a video up shortly
Dan295

25th Mar 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ht leads defo on the correct way round?
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
ht leads defo on the correct way round?

Yeah just doubled check Dan and they are correct
Kieran
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air leak? :s
Dan295

25th Mar 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
When the engines cold and the revs are higher its fine, as soon as the revs drop when it warms up its struggles to idle and I have to hold the revs up to stop it stalling.

ICV?
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear you've got it running again, possible air leak or vac hose left off somewhere? Worth trying different plugs in it?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
kennySRi

25th Mar 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call me mad but i've just read this whole thread

Such a great car, it has come such a long way and so glad you managed to get through all the troubled times with it

It's funny how every time you change something on the car everyone says it's perfection, then the next time you change something it's even better, and so on. Can't wait to see what you bring next for it

Seriously clean and nice looking car, should be proud of what you've done
Sean-B

25th Mar 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vacuum network alright?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say theres something up with the vaccums aswell, i had problems with mine in the past.
mex

25th Mar 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the vac pipes first, also make sure the throttle pipework is seated right
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the ideas everyone

I cant get it to idle at all now So I've not done a video. I've looked at the vac pipes and cant see anything obvious. I think the plan for tomorrow is to remove the inlet and re do it along with the vac pipes from scratch to see if that makes any difference. I'll have a look at the ICV as well while its off too.

If that makes no difference I think i'll have to try some new plugs and leads.

Cheers for taking the time to read it all Kenny Appreciate it

[Edited on 25-03-2012 by shaunmods]
vx-scottw
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the leads could have goten damp or somert from the sounds of it i hope u get it sorted mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still cant get it to run right guys.

I've checked the vaccum network and its all fine. Today I cleaned up the spark plugs again so they were spotless and put on a set of brand new leads. I started it up and it ran fine for about 30 seconds then it started missing again and wouldnt idle properly. Tried another coilpack too and it made no difference. I took one of the plugs out and it was sooty black! So its definitely running too rich. It stinks of petrol too.

The only other thing I can think of now that could be causing the problems is the cams. So I think I need to give Newman a call on Monday and ask for some advice. At the minute they are timed up on standard timing marks.
Kieran
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine doesn't idle that great because of the cams. It sounds like it hunts but the revs stay fine. What's the revs like?
connollygt30

1st Apr 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get verniers mate and get them set up properly,cams that arent set up properly can sometimes loose power and not gain any
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I been browsing the net and I've just found someone that had exactly the same problem as me -

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/396504-engine-problem-technical-people.html

Shame there isnt more info and about fixing it.

Kie when the plugs are 100% clean it idles and starts up fine bud (lumpy but thats to be expected as you say) But after about 30 seconds or so it starts miss firing and the engine shakes like mad! It stinks of petrol and the plugs were sooty as hell after just 30 seconds of running

connollygt30, thats another thing I've been looking into as well mate. The only ones I can run are the Dbilas ones though because of the cam sensor.

I'll give Newman a call in the morning and see what they suggest.

[Edited on 01-04-2012 by shaunmods]
Mark.W

1st Apr 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you get it sorted soon Shaun.

It's a horrible feeling when something you love so much doesn't go as planned.

BeetleGav

1st Apr 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go back to a 1.0
vx-scottw
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont talk dirty gav
Jed D

1st Apr 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
Mine doesn't idle that great because of the cams. It sounds like it hunts but the revs stay fine. What's the revs like?

i think thats the case with all lifted cams mate... my mates nova sound rough as a badgers arse on tick over, not sure what lift his are but their high. sound brilliant when it gets some beans though
guttered Shaun

<<  109    110    111    112    113    114    115  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0443261 seconds