corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B 1.2 16v Speedo going haywire!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.2 16v Speedo going haywire!!
Audi Pardonner

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 16 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I'm sure this must be a known fault and am hoping someone out there can advise me. Problem is that, although the speedo can sometimes work perfectly ok, very frequently when starting from cold, the needle progressively jumps round to 130 mph and stays there! This can be a bit disconcerting when you've just stopped at the traffic lights - and you're still doing 130 mph!

Sometimes, if I stop after a while, switch off the ignition and restart the engine a few moments later, all is normal. But the problem reappears the next time I start from cold. Any ideas please?
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Jul 16 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would suspect the speed sensor plug or the sensor its self in the gear box. check the plug is clean and fitted correctly.
could also be plug on back of clocks come loose?
Audi Pardonner

2nd Jul 16 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
i would suspect the speed sensor plug or the sensor its self in the gear box. check the plug is clean and fitted correctly.
could also be plug on back of clocks come loose?

Thanks - will try.

New Poll