corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cable speedo into electric speedo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cable speedo into electric speedo
adam 1.4 sport

User status: Offline
11th Feb 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right atm i have a corsa b 1.4 16v sport with the electric speedo which i think is taken from the gear box. but i will be fitting a pre eco tec gsi engine soon and the speedo off that car was a cable drivin. What do i do :S:S:S:S
DaveyLC

11th Feb 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just fit the cable.. the transducer unscrews from the gearbox and you screw on the cable drive, then obviously fit the cable driven dash.
Olsrey

11th Feb 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You just fit the cable.. the transducer unscrews from the gearbox and you screw on the cable drive, then obviously fit the cable driven dash.
Or take the speedo transducer off the 1.4 and put it on the 1.6 gearbox
adam 1.4 sport

11th Feb 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is electric at the mo as it comes off the gear box i think :S. But the gsi engine is cable driven
adam 1.4 sport

11th Feb 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is electric at the mo as it comes off the gear box i think :S. But the gsi engine is cable driven
DaveyLC

11th Feb 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they both come of the same place on the gearbox.. seriously no need to worry just get the dash and cable from the ealier car.. OR keep the speedo loom.

New Poll