corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Our House Story - update 22/06/15 Plastering

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Our House Story - update 22/06/15 Plastering
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
28th Jun 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it turns out the hob decided not to want to turn off yesterday so called the 'smell gas' number and a guy came out from national grid within about 15 mins. Turns out both the cooker and the back boiler were leaking so he turned it all off!

Had a plumber round fortunately that morning proving up replacing the boiler anyways so will see. He was there pricing it for a future thing to do, not something to be doing the following week!
dan_m1les

30th Jun 15 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plastering was all finished on the bedrooms at the weekend and with the weather we have had is bone dry already! Going to start to clean up the rooms and sand all the woodwork later and in the main bedroom tomorrow I'll fit the new skirting board that I'm picking up later.

dan_m1les

27th Jul 15 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a busy weekend of painting and decorating! The 3rd bedroom is now finished except the floor, and the main bedroom is in the last stages of paint, the green wall will need another colour of coats then I've just got the tidy up and gloss the window sill and get he carpet fitted.

dan_m1les

27th Jul 15 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a carpenter friend in to fit he new skirting and boxing in over the stairs that had some old horrible floorboards on when we moved in.

dan_m1les

27th Jul 15 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted the blinds this weekend to the front two rooms also:

Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Jul 15 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Jul 15 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work! Love the boxing.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dan_m1les

29th Jul 15 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys

We are half way through doing the 2nd bedroom now too, and the carpet is fitted in all 3 rooms on Tuesday and new boiler Wednesday so i'll update again then!
pow
Premium Member

29th Jul 15 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep driving past this - I'll drop in for a cuppa one day
dan_m1les

29th Jul 15 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I keep driving past this - I'll drop in for a cuppa one day

one day when its finished and we don't have a kitchen from the 70's!
dan_m1les

4th Aug 15 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a bit of a mad rush this last week to decorate the back bedroom from plaster so had to do 3 coats of watered down white then 2 coats of colour, all the gloss, and then fitting the blind as the carpet fitters were in today at last!

They also ply boarded and then laid the vinyl in the smallest bedroom, which partner is going to use to do hairdressing from.

New boilers fitted tomorrow and the plumber is ripping out the end of the old pipes etc.

The landing carpet isn't fitted at the moment, hence why it looks a bit of a mess in the hall.

[Edited on 04-08-2015 by dan_m1les]
Ben G

5th Aug 15 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work

Where did you get the blinds from? Made to measure ones? Got mine online before but self-measuring is a right PITA with Windows.
dan_m1les

6th Aug 15 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nice work

Where did you get the blinds from? Made to measure ones? Got mine online before but self-measuring is a right PITA with Windows.

Blinds are from a company called Blinds 2 Go online, the quality/price you pay is the best. I've bought all of the blinds for the house from there and all the blinds in my flat were from there too.

The measuring isn't too bad once you get use to it and you always have a little bit of tolerance.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll