corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can't get into gear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can't get into gear
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 15 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my clutch replaced last year (so clutch can't be worn) on my 1.4 8v Corsa B and whilst driving it today I couldn't get into gear and think the clutch has slipped.

Is it possible that it could be a problem with gear linkage?

Am I able to adjust the clutch cable to get it running sweet again and is it a simple task?

[Edited on 09-06-2015 by oJNAo]
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this when my cable slipped. If you look to the right of the engine, ontop of the gearbox you will see the end of the clutch cable (about 100-150mm on threaded bar on the end of the cable.) There will be a plastic thingy on this that you would need to wind towards the cable and then locate back into the fork bit

proper technical terms

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a go at adjusting the cable and only fucked it up more, car is now running at 1500 revs and speedo is counting 10mph

Searched around the interwebs and it looks like the gear linkage has gone
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure how adjusting the cable could do that ?!?

hopefully its the bit of the linkage that you change when you put a quick shift on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-GSI-SRI-16V-1993-2000-QUICKSHIFT-GEAR-LEVER-LINKAGE-MLR-MU-/121385796145?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c43284231

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it was from doing that, but I'm pretty sure it is the gear linkage as it was slightly crunchy selecting reverse and sometimes hit a block when selecting the lower gears before

I've seen a few people put those on when the linkage goes, how does it improve the transmission?

oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out it's the gearbox, shame it isn't the gear linkage as that was the hopeful cheap option

How much am I looking at for a new gearbox?

Dee25790

9th Jun 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get hunting the scrappies. Should get one relatively cheap 40/50 quid. Cheaper if you can get it on a b forum
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to get the gearbox replaced

Quite fancy getting the short shifter linkage and getting nylon bushes as changing gear has has never been that smooth in reverse and the lower gears, would these work with the ebay linkage posted above?

New Poll