corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 13 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its high time that I make a thread for my GSi project, so here goes.

I picked up the 1994 GSi after my post 97 finally gave up. As with any 19 year old car it had its fair share of problems when I picked her up. Most were silly faults, all four wheels were 50g out of balance, the exhaust knocked on the rear beam etc. All of which I fixed in a few days. I had it looking pretty sweet and was very happy with my purchase

I made a few mods along the way, like the inlet to release a few more horses

I had almost two months of happy motoring, people stopping me in the street to admire and ask about the car, which makes it all worth while.
However in June someone broke into my garage and stole her :-(
Fortunately the police actually managed to get her back, although not the theif. I then had a four month battle with my insurance company to try and get the car back and fixed as they were determined to write it off. i ended this by telling them firmly where to shove it and to give it back. They even had the cheek to bill me £150 for the recovery!!!

Anyway once reunited with my now ruined GSi, I decided that it was high time that she had some TLC. Here starts a full rebuild and modification of my GSi

[Edited on 21-01-2014 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked great!
AndyCorsaSport

11th Dec 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks stunning that mate. Exactly how a GSi should look! Any more pics? Makes me want a red GSi
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The logical place for me to start was the exterior, seeing as the theives had ruined this. I bought a new front bumper and both front wings from Vauxhall, only the best for this build
once the bodywork was straight I decided to give her a full respray in Porsche Guards Red. Its a really nice shade, not actually very far from the original Flame Red, but a far better quality paint.

As you can see I have also made a few improvements along the way. Badboy and extended bonnet removed rear wiper, boot lock, badge and number plate light. Also I have de locked the door handles, using veccy rear handles as they do the job nicely

[Edited on 12-12-2013 by basslinecorsa]

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, she did look good .... hopefully when I finish the build (next month) it will be a bit better.

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here are a couple of pics with paint and windows re-installed

the eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed that the rear window and side windows (not in shot - sorry) have no rubbers. I had them bonded back in to give a more modern look

I have also had the badge recess removed from the front bumper, I pick this up at the weekend and will post pics later.

corsa-torque

11th Dec 13 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along nicely, please tell me your keeping the bonnet raisers off that's the only negative IMO
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the bonnet raisers will not be fitted again, the extended bonnet won't allow it anyway

Generation

12th Dec 13 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like what you've done with the windows, nice idea
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 13 at 06:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was worried about the window seals on mine, they're not re-usable at all and I'm not even sure on availability. That's a good solution.
Christopher

12th Dec 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good so far buddy!
Col004

12th Dec 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I was worried about the window seals on mine, they're not re-usable at all and I'm not even sure on availability. That's a good solution.

To put you at ease Ian. They are still available. I've just got some from a place in St.Helens
P1NKY

12th Dec 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it in the fist pic
Nathan Kirkpatrick

12th Dec 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice raised bonnet looks ace
Corsab1999

12th Dec 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. I remember one of my mates owned this early this year. He did the powerbox coilies n comps. Nice to see this being treated n looked after
flybikeslee

12th Dec 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame about it being nabbed. decent security on the shopping list?
rseeley

12th Dec 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you any pictures of the bonnet raisers?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got the car, it had an intermittent idle problem, I ended up having to change the pipe between air flow meter and powerbox as it had a hole in it, which in the end caused the air flow meter to give up. So that had to be changed too (£200 from vauxhall ) Also the wiring around the powerbox was a shambles, causing them to break, melt or otherwise disintegrate. It took weeks to sort out all the issues.

Everything seemed to have been bodged together, take the exhaust ... while I was sorting out the exhaust hitting the rear beam due to being wound down on the coilies (fabricate a new section to go over the beam) I found that the exhaust rubbers had broken and rather than be replaced, someone had put a jubilee clip around the broken rubber to hold it together ?!? Obviously I changed these immediately.

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
shame about it being nabbed. decent security on the shopping list?

Yes, the whole car is being de-locked, including the ignition barrel a snap off steering wheel is on its way as well as an overly paranoid alarm with pager.

Oh and I have moved house so they don't know where it is

[Edited on 12-12-2013 by basslinecorsa]

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rseeley

I will post one tonight when I get home, I custom made them from aircraft alloy and hard anodised them at work

they are actually surplus to requirement now ....

Jordancorsab
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally is a perfect looking corsa IMO, really can't wait to see how it ends up! No cutting corners either which is great to see
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jordan, I have been mucking about with B's for 6 years now and with this build I am looking to make my perfect car, money no object. I can't wait to get it finished either

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

as promised

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a set of bespoke brakes being built for the GSi, I work for HiSpec Motorsport so they were the obvious choise.
I had a set of Monster 6 calipers designed to suit 283/24mm Race grooved discs.

As you can see, these are huge ! I actually had the boss design a new version of the caliper to allow fitment on the small discs behind 15" wheels. Just waiting on a set of custom brackets to fit it all together.

rseeley

12th Dec 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
quote:

as promised

Would you sell them mate?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett 24 database queries in 0.2076740 seconds