corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
13th Dec 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a nice build mate and to keep it a 1600 is great im all for small block Corsa's to many have big blocks in ill keep my eye on this.
Dr.Corsa

13th Dec 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

Is it really a new c16xe, what you have? Amazing! It's a great job here, mate! Go on!

What are your favorite brakes? I habe on my x14xe Corsa Sandtler RS discs in 256x24 mm with Ferodo DS pads with Calibra calipers and Hel Performance hoses on my front axle. Absolutly great stuff! The first braking every morning is relly weakly, but at high temperature this brakes combination is like an anchor! Advantage: on motorway this brake can't get enough Great performance! And last but not least: optical performance . Just look at my pics.

The GSI alloy is my replacement winter wheel.

Micha
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Dec 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey how haven't it seen this before? Where abouts in kent are you from?
Corsab1999

13th Dec 13 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome'
Aidan-Fleming

13th Dec 13 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you make more of them listers mate?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Dec 13 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks great. Well done!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

15th Dec 13 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update today as I have been moving house this weekend so its all a bit crazy!

Engine bay and front beam all cleaned up, surface rust removed then given a blast of satin black to give a contrast to the red bodywork. Bonnet, wings and bumper removed so they don't get damaged while working on the engine.

Don't worry about the slam pannel, it will get sprayed again .... the paint got damaged while removing the old engine

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 13 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a few tuning goodies for the C16XE the main part being a set of R1 carbs on a Bogg Brothers inlet manifold.

Very nice work on the inlet, I am very impressed. The Ally welding is a thing of beauty.

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed the rocker cover, oil cap, water cap and the plastic caps on the carbs today and sent them off to Wicked Coatings in Poole to get dipped in a carbon fibre hydrographic treatment. I have seen their work on a friends Clio and I must say it looked the doggies dangles. I can't wait for these to come back.

I will be sending more parts for the same treatment before this build is over, but they require some modification first

[Edited on 17-12-2013 by basslinecorsa]

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 13 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While the new engine is out of the car I am taking the time to uprate it slightly and paint the block satin black like the enginebay. I got the head off to change the cams (this is causing a few issues, had to machine the head out to allow the Kent Cams to rotate!)

Gave it all a clean up and some paint came off, turns out that this engine is a factory rebuild rather than brand new as it is fitted with oversized pistons. Guess this isn't all bad as it will increase capacity slightly. These needed to come out to get pocketed as the valves will be open far longer than stock.

Will post pictures of the pistons when they come back from the machine shop.

Uprated the springs as I will be raising the rev limit to 8k rpm and need the valves to keep up

[Edited on 17-12-2013 by basslinecorsa]

ArdenblueDan

17th Dec 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is amazing did you discover much rot when doing the bodywork?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 13 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
This is amazing did you discover much rot when doing the bodywork?

Actually it was surprisingly good, a little under the arch plastics and a hole above the back window. other than that just the usual surface rust on the front beam. Most of it cleaned up easily with only the one hole on the bootlid to weld up.

ArdenblueDan

17th Dec 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that's good going I've just found my inner arch is knackered as well as the back panel lol
kedowan

18th Dec 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow!!!
Nice project fella.
Will be sure to keep track of it
Corsab1999

19th Dec 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can I get a inletmanifold made for r1 carbs mate?? I need one as my carb setup is from a c20xe so ineed of a new inlet to suit the c16xe
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

19th Dec 13 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsab1999
Where can I get a inletmanifold made for r1 carbs mate?? I need one as my carb setup is from a c20xe so ineed of a new inlet to suit the c16xe

Give Bogg Brothers Fabrication a call, they sorted me out with plenty of goodies including the inlet manifold. 01944738234
You won't be dissapointed.

Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When do you aim to have this finished?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Project cars are never finished rofl but I am aiming to have the car complete and back on the road for the end of January.

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

2nd Jan 14 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update today, received my rocker cover, oil cap and carb covers back from Wicked Coatings, I think that the finish is awesome

hopefully a more updates at the weekend, but I am waiting for the specifications on pocketing the pistons from Kent Cams so that I can have the machining done correctly. This is holding up the rebuild somewhat

[Edited on 02-01-2014 by basslinecorsa]

ArdenblueDan

2nd Jan 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow they look amazing dude
Willowsdad

2nd Jan 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is going to put my build thread to shame! Glad you're keeping it a 1.6. Too many red tops and lets IMO. I'll keep an eye out for your sale thread, I'm going to need a few standard Gsi bits, and you're pretty local. Was yours a c16xe originally? Mines an m reg and an x16xe.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

2nd Jan 14 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it was a C16XE originally its an early M reg. Too right there are too many GSi's being built without the engine that made them the cracking little car they are

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

18th Jan 14 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been very busy lately, but now that Christmas and the Autosport show are out of the way I can get this project moving again.
The wishbones and front uprights have been wire wheeled and painted satin black

The brakes are also fitted (wheels will be refurbed soon) - converted the hubs to studs and nuts to make life easier ... I hate wheel bolts

With these fitted I can be certain to be able to outbrake most cars on the road

Also I have my front bumper back (new from vauxhall) as the old one was cracked and the clips had broken.

As the bonnet has been extended the vauxhall badge will no longer fit, so the recess in the bumper needed to be smoothed out too

Also modified the cam covers to give access to the vernier pulleys, this is being sent off to Wicked Coatings to have the same carbon effect as the rocker covers. I love the finish these guys get and will be sending more stuff to them as the build progresses.

Thats it for now, this isn't moving as quickly as I would have liked, but will be moving onto the inside of the car soon
As always, comments / suggestions welcome

[Edited on 18-01-2014 by basslinecorsa]

kylesri

18th Jan 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the build notice the no plate bulb has gone where are you relocating it to
ArdenblueDan

18th Jan 14 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you still get gsi bumpers from vauxhall dude I'll be down my dealers if I can

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi - Project Scarlett 24 database queries in 0.1899250 seconds