corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear Linkage Problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear Linkage Problem?
KiZZER

User status: Offline
1st Jun 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need a little help from you guys. Sometimes my gear stick wont go into gear, it literally blocks off, its not a case where it goes into gear & crunches but as I say it just blocks off so im guessing it cant be the gear box is must be the gear linkage? Which is commen on Corsas right? Due to wear & tear mine must be heading on its way, this only happens very rarely though, most of the time my gear changes are smooth.

So I need your help on finding the right gear linkage to buy off Ebay etc? Theres different types of 1s which im unsure to get for my Corsa, mines a Corsa B 1999 1.2 SXI 16v, any help from you guys would be great
Richie

1st Jun 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a nylon bushing that gets worn that causes the linkage to get stuffed up.

If you phone Autovaux they can supply the outer and centre nylon bushings... think it's less than a tenner
KiZZER

3rd Jun 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the fact its hard or blocked off getting into gear is nothing to do with the gear linkage itself? Just the bushes? I dont understand a thing about gearboxes etc lol, how exactly does the bushes get blocked up? Just fills up with dirt? & is it a commen problem with Corsas?
Richie

3rd Jun 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the linkage goes duffy it will feel "blocked" as you say as you are effectively trying to move the linkage to a position that doesn't exist. The bushes cause these kinds of issues through wear and tear.

The other thing it can be is the selector itself ontop of the box but I've not seen that before.
KiZZER

4th Jun 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So as you say, by getting these bushes that should clear out the problem of the gear being blocked off? & no more than a tenner for AutoVaux? Also, how much would I roughly be looking at for garage to fit these? I guess it cant be that much of an expensive job really can it?

New Poll