corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C 1.2 - Problems with 1st, 2nd and Reverse (Bracket Name?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 1.2 - Problems with 1st, 2nd and Reverse (Bracket Name?)
_Allan_

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know what the name of the gearbox/clutch bracket is or approximate price is that is a common failure on Corsa and Astras?

Gf's corsa had slightly notchy 2nd gear for a few days which took a little more effort to slot home. Today she had issues with 1st, 2nd and reverse.
Into 3/4/5 gears is fine.

She has been tonight (lives down the road) to a local mechanic who said he can't remember the part name but it's common on Astras and Corsas. Mentioned some bracket that interacts with the cogs on the left side breaks and needs replacing. He is going to look at the car on Mon but I need a bit more info and rough prices if anyone knows what I'm on about? .

Is it a common issue?. The C is on an 04 and only covered 45K miles.

Thanks

Allan

Edit - After a bit of reading is it the gear linkage?. Is this models plastic and a new improved one metal? Price or partnumbers?

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by _Allan_]
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Aug 09 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are called gear linkage im not sure if mine is going on my corsa C ill just see how it goes, mine is sometimes really hard if i am going from 3rd gear down to second.

April 08 feature car
Craig P

7th Aug 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it will most likely be the Gear Linkage as this is a very common problem on the C's but also the whole G/Box can also be a problem sometimes.

Im sure this fault was a recall by vauxhall so it's maybe worth going to your local dealer and checking as if it is it will be FOC so you can save yourself some pennie's!
_Allan_

7th Aug 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
yeah they are called gear linkage im not sure if mine is going on my corsa C ill just see how it goes, mine is sometimes really hard if i am going from 3rd gear down to second.

It started off like that now today all of a sudden is difficult to get 1st, 2nd and reverse. I've not drove it yet so can't comment on clutch or gearbox but the mechanic knew the symptoms straight away.
_Allan_

7th Aug 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig P
Yes it will most likely be the Gear Linkage as this is a very common problem on the C's but also the whole G/Box can also be a problem sometimes.

Im sure this fault was a recall by vauxhall so it's maybe worth going to your local dealer and checking as if it is it will be FOC so you can save yourself some pennie's!

Her car has had all the recalls on it done. Don't remember a gear linkage being one of them?
Will check with them tomorrow?.
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Aug 09 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure if there was a recall on the gear linkages if there was i will get mine done by them saves me paying for it

if you find out if it was a recall could you send me a u2u i would be great ful thanks

edit: according to the corsa c web site the gear linkage was not a recall

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
_Allan_

7th Aug 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it was not a recall.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

Vosa site shows them all. It's had the abs wiring one.

I'll let you know what the issue was when it's fixed anyway and price.

Thanks all.
tintin

7th Aug 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gear linkage is cheaper if purchased from Euro car parts, about £65 iirc
Joe

8th Aug 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gear linkage is a common problem. Usually its just part of it that is fucked, which is about £40, sometimes the bit that bolts to the subframe is fucked too though which is about £75.

Its likely just to be the top part though, this is the part http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-New-Vauxhall-Gear-Linkage-Repair-Kit-Corsa-C_W0QQitemZ280369868115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414758ad53&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

93183155 part number

[Edited on 08-08-2009 by Joe]
_Allan_

9th Aug 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the extra info guys. It's being picked up later and hopefully all will be fixed tomorrow .
_Allan_

11th Aug 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the car back today. It was the gear linkage and was replaced. Feels wierd to drive now. Like new with tight movement and throw.

New Poll