corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing gear linkage on a 1.2 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing gear linkage on a 1.2 8v
Matt H

User status: Offline
28th Oct 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easy is this to do? anyone on here done it?

im 99% sure it is the gear linkage thats gone. it wont go into 1st,2nd or reverse & 4th is abit dodgy. in the neutral position it is wobbling all over the place

i cant tow it to a garage cos the towing eye has been removed & setting off in 3rd is gonna fuck up my clutch

thanks in advance
Siberia

28th Oct 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt h
how easy is this to do? anyone on here done it?

im 99% sure it is the gear linkage thats gone. it wont go into 1st,2nd or reverse & 4th is abit dodgy. in the neutral position it is wobbling all over the place

i cant tow it to a garage cos the towing eye has been removed & setting off in 3rd is gonna fuck up my clutch

thanks in advance

i fryed a brand new clutch last week driving an 8 mile distance in that fashion

erm.. about the linkage... i could be wrong but i think it may be a gearbox out job cos its so hard to get to.... if you had a ramp u might get it out easyer but with out its gonna be difficult.

maybe somebody else knows better

should have added maybe just try reseting the linkage.. it might have slipped.... thats what lead to be having to drive them 8 miles above.. only had 3rd and 4th

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by Siberia]
RichiesCorsa

28th Oct 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem about a month ago. I originally lost reverse, 1st and 2nd but managed to adjust the linkage so I had reverse, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Would be easier done with a ramp, but it looks do-able. I just got the garge to do mine. Part cost me £100

I drove with 3rd and 4th for 2 weeks, even did a hill start in 3rd when it first broke! The smell was lovely afterwards
Matt H

28th Oct 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100
RichiesCorsa

28th Oct 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine part though...you buy sh*te you buy twice
Siberia

28th Oct 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could pick up a whole f10 Gearbox with linkage down the scrapper for 20-30 quid...
lee mitchell

28th Oct 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from vauxhall its £100 quid. best to get one from a breakers or reset the one u have to see if it cures the problem. take 30 mins to do
Matt H

28th Oct 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i reset it lee?
Siberia

28th Oct 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt h
how do i reset it lee?

i'm not lee but read......

How To Setup/Reset Gear Linakge
lee mitchell

28th Oct 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put car in neutral.get under the car. where the gear selector comes out the bulk head there will be a 13mm nut on the linkage. loosen that off. get back in car and under the leather gaitor u can see the bottom of the gearstick. leave in neutral but push the lever right over to passenger side.u will see a hole in the lever. u then put a screw through it to lock it in position so it doesnt move. then go to the gear selector casing under battery tray. there will be a little plug sticking out. it will either have to be pulled out or if it has a spring it will need pushing in. the way u do this is by grabing the fork selector on the box and twist it towards the passenger side. when u twist it u will be able to push the plug in so it locks the g.ox in position. if the plug is the removable type u pull it out and put an approximately 4mm drill it in to lock it. once thats done u then tighten the 13mm nut back up. remove screw from gaitor and plug or drill bit from box and its done.

bit hard to explain u may be better off getting a haynes manual and read it in there
Siberia

28th Oct 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
from vauxhall its £100 quid. best to get one from a breakers or reset the one u have to see if it cures the problem. take 30 mins to do

to change the linkage? better man than me so
Adam-D

28th Oct 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=133496

New Poll