corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake line tips, unions etc.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake line tips, unions etc.
csifku

User status: Offline
8th Jun 15 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i fit this into the rear flexy hose on my corsa b , do you think it will leak ?
as everyone knows, if its the copper pipe there, then it seals when u tight it up but what about this ? can someone try to imagine it ?

btw it is a an3 to m10x1.0 , should be the right fitting , right ?

[Edited on 08-06-2015 by csifku]
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the right thread, do you know if it has a convex or concave seat? You will need to have a convex on the end of the hardline and the female on the rubber flexi is concave.

The fitting in your picture is for the hardline and it will have a copper olive to seal against the tube of the hardline itself.

the only issue I can see is this fitting will be fixed, where the original male fitting would be able to swivel. so you will have to screw the hose on and then screw the caliper onto the hose

[Edited on 09-06-2015 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
csifku

9th Jun 15 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
its the right thread, do you know if it has a convex or concave seat? You will need to have a convex on the end of the hardline and the female on the rubber flexi is concave.

The fitting in your picture is for the hardline and it will have a copper olive to seal against the tube of the hardline itself.

the only issue I can see is this fitting will be fixed, where the original male fitting would be able to swivel. so you will have to screw the hose on and then screw the caliper onto the hose

[Edited on 09-06-2015 by basslinecorsa]

i got the rest of it on a draw and the original lines are already out so im making new ones.
csifku

9th Jun 15 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the one im going to buy, actually 6 of them , 2 each of both sides of flexys and 2 for the bias valve.. and do u know if the master cylkinder is m10x1.0 or one of them was bigger if im not wrong ??

New Poll