corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mounting TV on chimney breast?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mounting TV on chimney breast?
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Mar 14 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering has anyone done this. Thinking about it in my house but the chimney is in use with a multi fuel burner so don't know if it will get to hot or not. Will be on a bracket so won't be in direct contact if this changes things. It's a LED TV if that's any different.

Gary
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it but removed the fire. I wouldn't want it above a working fire personally
ash_corsa

30th Mar 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of people do it and have no problems, it helps if you have a mantle over the fire as this directs the heat away from the tv.

You can sometime get a bit of heat haze on the screen though when fires roaring!
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would put in a nice solid oak mantle piece and I've also got a fan ontop on the fire which kind of pushes the heat forward so could help.

Would never get rid of the log burner. Love it and cheap way to heat the house.
monkeytwizzel

31st Mar 14 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they not say that the tv should not be mounted directly above a heat source anyway?
Mine has in the tv operation manual!
baza31

31st Mar 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must be mad putting a tv above a stove. I can barely stand by mine when it's on . Can't imagine the tv lasting long . Plus won't it be a bit high up ?

New Poll