corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mounting TV on wall..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mounting TV on wall..
Russ

User status: Offline
15th Jul 07 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok here is the plan, we have a chimney breast, there used to be a gasfire there, so there was a hole untill we borded it up plastered it over etc.

what i want to do is, build some shelves wherethe hole was/will be, mount some sockets on the wall in chimney breast, mount tv on wall and hide all wiring, which is straigh forward enough. but would it be possible to have a cut off for all the plugs on a seperate switch on side of chimney breast (i dont like leaving things on standby - carbon footpint and all that) is it possible and can somebody draw me a diagram how to do it?
drunkenfool

15th Jul 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wire up a swich on the spur that goes to the plugs, then you can cut the power to all of them at the same time. If you have sky though then I would suggest not turning that off at the wall cos it takes a while to turn back on and it could get quite annoying.
Russ

15th Jul 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Just wire up a swich on the spur that goes to the plugs, then you can cut the power to all of them at the same time. If you have sky though then I would suggest not turning that off at the wall cos it takes a while to turn back on and it could get quite annoying.
have cable takes about 10 seconds, so nothing worth worrying about

New Poll