corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New Gear Linkage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Gear Linkage?
KiZZER

User status: Offline
30th Jan 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question, could someone tell me or link me to the right replacement part that I need on Ebay etc. For a new gear linkage? Im kind of unsure what actual part is correct for my Corsa, mines a 1999 SXI 1.2 16v, any help? Thanks I hear gear linkage problems are a common problem on Corsas? Lol, mine could do with replacing tbh
johnhara1

30th Jan 14 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's common on the pre 2004 Corsa Cs.

What problems are you having?
KiZZER

31st Jan 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes sticking it into gear physically wont go in, especially 1st feels like its being blocked off, Hi-Q garage had a quick look at it for me & said the gear linkage wont have all that long left
johnhara1

31st Jan 14 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The linkage securing bolt normally slackens off on the B so it moves, then becomes hard to engage gears.

Put the car in neutral
Lift the gear stick gater up and line the holes up so you can secure it in neutral with a thin allen key.

get underneath the car
loosen the linkage bolt off where it joins.
adjust the position of the joint and then re-tighten.

Test gears.

Adjust it until they go in properly.

[Edited on 31-01-2014 by johnhara1]
Edges 58

31st Jan 14 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That lining holes up john mentioned makes the lever sit between 1st and 2nd. There's a pin you can do the same with on the gearbox then they align perfect. Otherwise you need to replace the rubber bushes in the centre of the linkage. LMF sell nylon bushes that work perfect. Doesn't cost much either
johnhara1

31st Jan 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ i didn't know there was one on the gearbox too makes sense tho.
KiZZER

1st Feb 14 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
The linkage securing bolt normally slackens off on the B so it moves, then becomes hard to engage gears.

Put the car in neutral
Lift the gear stick gater up and line the holes up so you can secure it in neutral with a thin allen key.

get underneath the car
loosen the linkage bolt off where it joins.
adjust the position of the joint and then re-tighten.

Test gears.

Adjust it until they go in properly.

[Edited on 31-01-2014 by johnhara1]

I have no idea what id be looking at exactly lool? Im willing to give that a go though, any pictures that could help me with it?

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
That lining holes up john mentioned makes the lever sit between 1st and 2nd. There's a pin you can do the same with on the gearbox then they align perfect. Otherwise you need to replace the rubber bushes in the centre of the linkage. LMF sell nylon bushes that work perfect. Doesn't cost much either

So instead of replacing the whole gear linkage, by just replacing the bushes could make it a-ok then?

New Poll