corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x18xe1 gearbox choice.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x18xe1 gearbox choice.
moxon508

User status: Offline
13th Apr 13 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't. But it can't be that simple because why would other people go to the bother of changing entire dash loom to do conversion. ? Beets me
monkeytwizzel

15th Apr 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X18XE1 wiring is in the engine bay and so is a 1.2 16v corsa b so i can`t see any point in pulling it back in to the car,both have ecu on inlet manifold,different from a c20xe wiring!
gazza808 can help with this maybe.
moxon508

15th Apr 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that it should be able to be done in the engine bay so I have traced all the wires in the vectra loom back to the ecu plug and written down there pin no. And wrote next to it which pin it matches in the cross plug. Taking the engine out of cross tommorow and stripping the tape off the corsa loom to see were I need to join it up to. I will put a how too on the site. Everyone else who has done it seem to be keeping it to them selves.
moxon508

17th Apr 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick update. Engines out. Swoped charging and starting loom over. Got an engine mount off a 1.2 8v with power steering.£8 from scrappers. Taken aircon and power steering pumps off and orderd a belt. Put vectra fuel pump in and connected fuel lines. Sorting wiring out tommorow and dropping engine in. Will let you know if it starts OK. I've taken pics as I went along. So will put a how too on.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll