corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine help please
craigyt

User status: Offline
18th Aug 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, ive got two options and would like peoples opinions and advice please. the current engine in my corsa B is an X12XE but its not cutting the mustard, so here goes.....

Option 1.
Get a corsa sport X16XE engine and all the nesessary bits to slot it in, but is it a lot of work for not a lot of power? ive been quoted £300 for engine, wiring loom, ecu and key, is this a good price and would i need anything else to get it running?

Option 2.
Go for the X18XE1 as it would be the same price as the x16 engine but seems more work, but how much more work? what would i need besides the engine, engine wiring loom, key and ECU? how difficult is the swapping of the wires?

im pretty good at the spannering but dont really have the patience for wiring if there is a lot involved!

Please help

Craig
Root

18th Aug 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the x18xe1 is less work.

If you choose the sport engine, you need driveshafts, engine mounts, gearbox extra.

The x18xe1, will bolt to your gearbox, driveshafts and work on your mounts. You only need to change the ECU, transponder, key chip, downpipe (then wield or bond a 1.6 exhaust to the downpipe) and engine loom.
Terry12

19th Aug 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a X20XEV and F18 gearbox for sale if interested. £150 for the lot.

New Poll