corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine size?! HELP PLEASE!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine size?! HELP PLEASE!
lee-roy

User status: Offline
   24th Oct 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite folks., my engine has just gone to pot in my 1.4 SRI corsa, 1994.
I want to get a bigger engine in there if i can, what engine will slide straight in there with no modifying anything?

1.6 16V astra engine for example?

thanks in advance!
Robin
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 16v, 1.8 16v smallblock (X18XE1), 2 litres aren't hard to get in, V6 will go in with a bit of work, but no cutting as far as I know, and the 2.2 from an astra goes in, apparently.

anything is possible with work
lee-roy

24th Oct 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the thing is i've never done anything like this before, so i just wanted a straight swop basically, but with a bigger engine.

so do you think the 1.6 16v engine will slide straight back in with no work?

cheers
Robin
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an engine swap is an engine swap, if you're doing one, any engine is going to be the same amount of work really.

is your current engine 8v or 16v?
lee-roy

24th Oct 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 8v
Robin
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, then you'd need to change one of the engine mounts anyway.

the 1.6 16v would probably be just as hard as a 2 litre into an 8v car, as the wiring is completely different, and getting the loom for the standard immobiliser in would be a pain, unless the 8v has a chip in the key.

I've never done a 2 litre conversion though, so I'm just making assumptions on the ease of installation.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

24th Oct 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any engine conversion is easy.

as long as you have the right parts, right tools and the knowledge. A 1.6 16v conversion is about the same as far as difficulty and time as a 2 litre conversion.
lee-roy

24th Oct 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing that is worrying me, is the wiring. it will be completly different wont it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine size?! HELP PLEASE! 23 database queries in 0.0120590 seconds