corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new engine
corsa-s-wales

User status: Offline
26th Sep 07 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking for a new engine for my corsa as my current one aint gonna last me much longer.i know the obvious choice people go for is a c20xe engine but pretty hard dinding a good one.was also thinking of fitting a 1.8 sri engine or a vectra 2.0 engine .what other parts would i need to fit the vectra engine or corsa sri engine.thanks
Planty02

26th Sep 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-s-wales
im looking for a new engine for my corsa as my current one aint gonna last me much longer.i know the obvious choice people go for is a c20xe engine but pretty hard dinding a good one.was also thinking of fitting a 1.8 sri engine or a vectra 2.0 engine .what other parts would i need to fit the vectra engine or corsa sri engine.thanks

the corsa sri's were 1.4 mate, unless we're talking corsa c's
Planty02

26th Sep 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got a corsa B then the 1.6 16v is also a popular transplant (x16xe) and because these were put into corsa as standrard parts should be easy and cheap to get hold of from a sport.
corsa-s-wales

26th Sep 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already got x16xe in standard which needs replacing due to crank shaft and piston rings.was talking about corsa c 1.8 sri engine.as its either a new engine or sell up and buy a new car
Dean_W

26th Sep 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa c engine is a pain to fit I think.

You could go for a 2 litre. C20XE or X20XEV.

New Poll