corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v sxi corsa B help (engine)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v sxi corsa B help (engine)
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently my cars had a new engine put in it, same as before 1.2 16v having done 36k, its all been sorted and fitted now, and since its been put in ive done around 800 miles hoping to gently run it in.
Although, just recently when i start her up, sometimes from cold, sometimes after driving, it starts fine but then there is a drop in the revs to a point at which the car stalls this has become more frequent recently, i know its getting colder atm, but any ideas as to what this could possibly be would be helpful.

And a second thing (happened the other night) 40mph in 4th, just coming on to a dual carriage way and was very quiet this time of night, and wasnt in a rush to get home, i accelerated reasonably up to 65ish mph before going into 5th, but then once id reached around 65ish mph the engine management light came on
My immediate reaction was to let off the accelerator and as i did so, the EM light went off scared id dome something wrong, i took her steady and accelerated again, but it didnt come on this time.
It has come one about 3/4 times now, and i dont want to break this engine seeing as its taken a while and cost a fair bit to get sorted.
Any ideas rearding this would be highly appreciated also

Sorry about the essay, but if youve taken the time to read it and can possibly throw some ideas in my direction, i thank you very much

Marc

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
X 60RSA

11th Dec 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM, ICV plus coil packs are common to going on these engines, i'd prob hazard a guess at one of the first 2.
Haimsey
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since there was such a mystery about my old engine as to why it was being spaccy they changed nearly everything on the engine, inc. the AFM and coil pack

So when my new engine arrived, they transferred everything (that was new) from the old engine to the new one. the only thing they didnt take off my old engine was my EGR valve

But i dont know about ICV, ill have to find out.

Thankyou

Marcy Marc

mwg

11th Dec 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These engines are pains in the arse... I've had a few sensors replaced on mine now.

I also have a problem where if I am on the motorway cruising at anywhere over 65mph for longer than 30 mins then the EML comes on and it loses power until I let off the accelerator.

Haven't found the problem so far but I dont go on Motorways much anymore so its not that bad
Haimsey
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah righty, ill have to see what they say when it goes back to the garage.
they want it back after 1k to check things over, ill probably mention it to them then, but it might be the ICV then.

thanks for the help

Marcy Marc

deano87

11th Dec 06 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you probably know this but if the EML has come on, a fault has likely to have been logged...
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Dec 06 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont really know much about engines

ok then, thanks

Marcy Marc

Becca

12th Dec 06 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur welcome
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Dec 06 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello becca

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage says its an oxygen supply something or other in the exhaust

Marcy Marc

deano87

13th Dec 06 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they fault code it or make it up?
Haimsey
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure i didnt ask my mum that

(p.s im in notts at uni, car is at home, mums trying to sort it out)

Marcy Marc

andys sxi
Premium Member

13th Dec 06 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that happened to mine when goin over 65mph. i took it the garage an the man said it was the o2 sensor which also called a lamda sensor.

April 08 feature car
Warren G

13th Dec 06 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a idle air control valve for sale
X 60RSA

13th Dec 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i've had a read and heard the lambda is common, not sure if a fault is stored when the fault is intermittent. Personally i wouldn't pay anymore to the garage if they diagnose O2 sensor and it turns out to be something else after replacing it.

New Poll