corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HomePlugs or Wifi Extender?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HomePlugs or Wifi Extender?
Whittie

User status: Offline
24th Oct 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The TP ones I mentioned above have ethernet and wifi. You can get some wifi only ones, spelling is probably wrong but google devolo home plugs, they keep a higher data rate too.
Simon_16v

24th Oct 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to buy those TP Link ones from Maplins but i thought they were ethernet only
Whittie

24th Oct 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do, do ethernet only ones IIRC, next to them are usually different variations. TP Link ones i've stuck in various places for WiFi and they definately work wirelessly
Whittie

29th Oct 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tp-link-pa211kit-200mbps-powerline-kit-24-99-with-code-power5-pc-world-1347763
Toby
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I setup home plugs recently for someone, but turned out to be a nightmare, they had a garage underneath their house which was turned into an office.

What I didn't know about the homeplugs is they have to be on the same mains board and not in an extension lead. Got round the problem by drilling through floor and feeding ethernet cables in the end.

Really...........? I was always under the impression that they would work on several circuits in one property providing they were fed by one mains supply unless I'm miss reading you. At my rents house they have 4 circuits in the property and i know that they have homeplugs on three of them all working fine.
Whittie

29th Oct 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I setup home plugs recently for someone, but turned out to be a nightmare, they had a garage underneath their house which was turned into an office.

What I didn't know about the homeplugs is they have to be on the same mains board and not in an extension lead. Got round the problem by drilling through floor and feeding ethernet cables in the end.

Really...........? I was always under the impression that they would work on several circuits in one property providing they were fed by one mains supply unless I'm miss reading you. At my rents house they have 4 circuits in the property and i know that they have homeplugs on three of them all working fine.

Strange, had first hand experience of them not working with not being on the main circuit boards. Was a pain.

The house was like something out of frand designs though, god knows which circuit was going where anyway, more than likely dodgy to avoid costs somehow.
Toby
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they have one for each floor and another for the pond,outside lights and hottub and they deffo work on the 3 circuits in the house. Maybe they had more than one supply from the mains

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll