corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear linkage bush

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear linkage bush
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   9th Nov 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i've got a problem with my bush

But yeah, my gear linkage bush is knackered and i've heard that the nylon bushes are a bit crap in the first place

Does anyone know if theres an up rated bush for it or am i just best off getting a standard nylon bush again? Thanks!
SRI-LEE

9th Nov 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

av just orderd one of these mate and purchased a quick shift heard nothing but good things about them,the bush is only £12.44 posted

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/M-Tech-Shift-Shortener-Nylon-Bushes.html
Norcy91

9th Nov 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not bad then! And that'll be fine for my X16XE, not sure if its an F13 or F15 box i've got on mine though. Cheers for the help!
SRI-LEE

9th Nov 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will be bud ,thats what iv bought it for im not sure either dont think it makes a difference hasnt given me any choices so should fit no worries mate
Norcy91

9th Nov 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one! Let me know how yours goes
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted one to my Sport, it's bit of a bugger getting the pin in, with the engine and box in the car because it's such a tight fit. You might as well replace the other two bushes that are on the linkage while your at it.

I'd say when your clutch was replaced they didn't do the bolt up properly.

[Edited on 09-11-2010 by corsadonk]
Norcy91

10th Nov 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We definitely bolted it back up properly when we first did it, but the bush is properly knackered.

What are all the bushes on the linkage that can be replaced? I only know of one of them
daine
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubber were the selector arm comes out the gearbox, the two in the gearbox mount and the one at the end of the stick.
fitted the nylon LMF ones to mine, great
Norcy91

12th Nov 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the nylon kit on LMF come with all the bushes you listed?
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but ask for them when you order it, and they should help.

New Poll