corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bearings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bearings
Whap

User status: Offline
18th Mar 03 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else had problems with Offside front bearings following 2.0 lt conversion, mine went again last night! bugger!
d0gz_bollox

18th Mar 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually yes. I have had to replace mine loads but only due to trial and error. First the wheel bearing was shafted due to age, the next one went due to being incorrectly torqued up (the hub retaining bolt that is), the next one went due to the hub the bad camber on my wheels (set of camber adjusters have fixed that i think), 3rd one went do to hub being worn so didnt sweat into bearing properly. Seems to be all sorted now though.

Vauxhall Nova Ones are £40. Pattern ones are £20. id imagine corsa being similary priced. IMO Go for the vauxhall ones since they are a better build quality.

I now have spare steering knuckles from a scrap yard with good bearings and hub in. Then if a bearing or something does go I have a spare that I can quickly stick on, since swapping a complete steering knuckle takes less then an hour whereas changing a bearing and hub can take a lot longer if they are stuck tight (also you gotta find somewhere that stocks them!!)
stuyw

18th Mar 03 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine have been ok m8 - had conversion done for about 6 months. just had teething problems with the set up of the engine

New Poll