corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO - Mechanics (Torque settings)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO - Mechanics (Torque settings)
TOMAS

User status: Offline
1st Mar 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly question but im about to replace some front bearings and it says in Haynes that after setting the torque I must then add 90 degrees?
Now I understand what Torque is but when it says add 90 degrees, does that mean litterally turn the nut/bolt through an extra 90 degrees of rotation? Probably does as I cant see what else it means but though I best check as bearings are important.

Has anyone else managed to demolish front bearings after 50K miles? I suppose they were bound to go as ive been lowered 60mm nearly 40K miles...

I'd checked them for looseness and free movement and they seemed fine but AA garage stuck it on ramps and stuck it in fifth and reved the nutts off it and you should of heard them, nearly made more noise than the exhaust system!!
Kris TD

1st Mar 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you are correct, turn it another 90 degrees
TOMAS

1st Mar 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kris, looks like im going to be having fun now doing my own bearings

Might actually go down scrappers and try and blagg some complete hubs for cheap, that way I dont need to start pushing bearings out etc, the bearing in the scrappers hub should surely be in a better condition than mine. Its just to get me through until I get the Valver fitted next month with the cossvaux oversized hubs & bigger bearings

New Poll