corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wierd noises, any help finding what they are??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wierd noises, any help finding what they are??
Makarus

User status: Offline
19th Jan 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a wierd sound coming from the engine, its like a slight rattling sound, kinda like grinding aswell, coming from the gear box I think........sounds like the sound you get if you dont fully engage a gear and try to use it.
This sound stops though when I depress the clutch. Also its much louder if decelerating in 2nd/1st.

Another thing which I think is linked is the gears dont engage very quickly. Best way I can describe it is that when I change gear and pull off the clutch straight away with some revs, the revs will slowly decrease, as if I were pulling the clutch up really slowly.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Sean.

Car: Honda Civic 1.4 16v EK
DaveC

20th Jan 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the milage? sounds like u need a new cluch if its slipping, cluch release bearing may be worn creating the noise you describe, but at the same time could be something else!
Makarus

20th Jan 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been told at a garage I took it to that it is the gear box bearings that have gone, need 2 new ones.

But then when I spoke to honda later on in the day they thought it could be the clutch release bearings too.

Either way with Honda I am looking £1500 for the gear box bearings and £400-£500 for the clutch release bearings.

Been quoted £200 at a local garage (friend of a friend thing) for the gear box bearings, which sounds like an amazing deal, yet on the other hand I worry that if the gear box bearings where to be changed that it might not fix the problem and I will have to get new clutch release bearings on top of what I will have already paid out.

Ah life can be bloody harsh at times.
Makarus

20th Jan 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh sorry, missed the milage, 93,000 matey, nothing on a honda engine.
Makarus

21st Jan 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT

Booked in now, Monday it goes in and tuesday it comes out, saved me self £160 off the deal for the old car but gonna chace the lad up regarding selling me a car that without my contacts would cost me £1500 to fix.

New Poll