corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LANOS PROBLEM - FROM OLD CORSA 1.7 TD MAN

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LANOS PROBLEM - FROM OLD CORSA 1.7 TD MAN
FRED REDMOND

User status: Offline
25th Feb 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER ME AS THE CHAP WHO FITTED THE 1.7 TD ENGINE TO THE CORSA IN CYPRUS
I HAVE MOVED ON SINCE THEN ( DOWN THE WAY) AND WILL POLLUTE YOUR GOOD SITE WITH A QUESTION ON DAEWOO LANOS 1.6 8v
AS YOU MAY RECALL I BROUGHT THE 1.7 TD CORSA BACK TO UK BUT FOUND THAT IT WAS NO BENIFIT WITH DIESEL AT 78p/LTR - ONE OF MY LAST QUESTIONS WAS ON LPG POWERED CORSA,S AND I STUMBLED OVER A 1.4 8 V DAEWOO LANOS WITH LPG CONVERSION
TO MY RULE BOOK THE ENGINE /GEARBOX AND A LOT OF THE RUNNING GEAR IS STRAIGHT OLD GM CORSA/ASTRA STUFF
THE CAR IS FITTED WITH GM MULTIPOINT INJECTION AND "HALL" EFFECT IGNITION
THE PROBLEM REVOLVES ROUND "HUNTING" AT TICKOVER AND SOME TIMES EXTENDING UP TO VERY LIGHT THROTTLE WHICH MAKES SMOOTH STARTS DIFFICULT IN BOTH PETROL AND LPG (I GET SYMPATHY WHEN OTHER ROAD USERS SEE ITS A DAEWOO!)
DAEWOO IN LUTON ARE WORSE THAN USELESS AND WHEN THEY SEE LPG THEY TAKE COVER ! - THEY CHANGED THE IDLE SPEED CONTROL MOTOR

I READ ADAM PETHERICK'S ITEM "RESETTING THE ECU" AND DID AS HE STATED WITH IMPROVEMENT - IT RAN VERY SMOOTH BUT AFTER A FAST RUN LETCHWORTH TO LONDON COLNEY ITS CREEPING BACK AGAIN IN BOTH PETROL AND LPG SO ITS SOMTHING COMMON - EG THE IGNITION SYSTEM
ANY ONE GOT ANY IDEAS?
BY THE WAY ITS GOOD TO FILL UP AT 36.9p/ LTR !
THIS LPG IS GOOD -I CHANGED TO SYNTHETIC OIL 6000 MILES AGO AND THE OIL IS STILL GOLDEN COLOUR
SORRY FOR COMING TO THE CORSA SITE ON THIS MATTER BUT ITS THE ONLY PLACE I SEE ANY SENSE
FRED REDMOND
Kris TD

25th Feb 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u notice much performance difference when changing to the 1.7 td from 1.5 td?
FRED REDMOND

25th Feb 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great increase in torque 124 ft/lbs - car was undergeared for the uk fitted van tyres as a cheap way of increasing gearing - but car was noisy with pancake air filter
Makarus

25th Feb 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you will find I wrote the ECU Resetting tutorial, but anyhow.

If resetting the ECU actually helped the matter then I would say that the engine aint set up for LPG properly in the management section, try taking it to a different garage, maybe even a garage that does the LPG conversion they should be able to help.
FRED REDMOND

25th Feb 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THANKS MAKARUS - ON SECOND RUN LETCHWORTH TO LONDON COLNEY WENT WELL AND MUCH IMPROVED
MY PROBLEM IS THAT I GOT THE CAR CHEAP £2000 AND 24,000 MILES AS PREVIOUS OWNER HAD PART CONVERTED IN POLAND OF ALL PLACES AND I FINISHED IT OFF BY FITTING LPG TANK PLUMBING IN TO THE ENGINE AND THE LPG ECU WAS ALREADY WIRED IN - I HAVE NO WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE ELECTRONICS OF THE LPG SYSTEM AND INDEED I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH OF THE ORIGINAL ECU IS SWITCHED OUT WHEN ON LPG
NOTWITHSTANDING YOUR TICK OF KILLING THE ELECTRICS FOR A FEW HOURS APPEARS TO HAVE WORKED - KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED - THANKS FRED REDMOND
ainsley_brader

26th Feb 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good LPG kits are really good and cheap ones are just that.
However if you also have the problem when running on petrol then i should discount anything to do with the conversion.

FRED REDMOND

27th Feb 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lanos on LPG - running now for three days and no problems it would appear Makarus's instructions for resetting the ECU has done the trick - thanks again Fred Redmond

New Poll