corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » O2 Broadband - Is this a breach of contract?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author O2 Broadband - Is this a breach of contract?
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
14th Mar 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically as above, ive been with O2 Access since August 08 and things have just got worse and worse due to peak time congestion issues. This has been my speed all weekend

Takes 3-4mins to open webpages. Im looking to cancel immediately but dont want to have to pay my contract off until next August. Is there a way I can have my contract terminated due to them providing such a useless service?
John

14th Mar 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it, that bad though, i'd phone to start with, customer services are quite good.
Mike2k111

14th Mar 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well up until now ive always found the customer service fine. Ive rang up quite a few times though and been told theres nothing they can do, but they will be upgrading the lines in 2 months to ease the congestion. Whilst it may be true that they dont want to do anything about it, there is certainly QoS which could be changed as I know other people on O2 Access on other exchanges which certainly get better speeds than this
Sam
Premium Member

14th Mar 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you using the Thompson router they supply?
Mike2k111

14th Mar 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at the moment no, im using a Netgear DG834N with DGTeam firmware. I often have to change back to the Thompson router when on the phone to O2 support though, they dont seem to help otherwise
John

15th Mar 09 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 support have various tools to check the line whether using their router or not but it's easier for the people they employ with no knowledge to check using the o2 box.

If your case has been passed through to 2nd line and they've still not found any problems it can only be a case of terrible lack of bandwidth and i'd try along the lines of not providing an acceptable service.
noshua

15th Mar 09 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give CS a call, they'll do some checks on your line and things like that.

Might sound a bit daft but it could be the mains plug adapter that has gone faulty - mine did it on my old router and caused really slow speeds - they bought me a new one round, plugged it in and was away again.

edit: Try the router they supplied first, surely this would be the first thing you'd try

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by noshua]
John

15th Mar 09 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he has, because they supplied a router doesn't mean it works any better, all it means is it's easier to support because they know exactly what they're dealing with.
Mike2k111

15th Mar 09 at 04:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I already know the issue isn't related to my phone line or anything like that, its due to O2 not having enough bandwidth to support the number of people using the service. They have already issued a statement saying that they are aware of the issue during peak time. I can deal with a slow down to the service slower than dial up is getting quite ridiculous.
Ill give them another call suggesting along the lines of not providing an acceptable service and see if that gets me anywhere.
noshua

15th Mar 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry thought you'd put that you hadn't tried the router they supplied - I was thinking that the router you was using might have been faulty.

New Poll