corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Broadband Reccomendations

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband Reccomendations
Recaro1

User status: Offline
30th May 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on pipex. Been with them for well over a year and I'm now on a 1 meg line for £28. The 512 is £23 a month.

More aimed at business which seems to mean there line never has a prob on it. I know 5 other people in Pipex and no one has had a problem.

I have my connection on 24/7 and have never seen a problem.
Sinth

30th May 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same ive been on pipex 512 for over 1 yr been absolutely fine thru out
Rob H

30th May 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. Cheers for the suggestions . Im not too keen on this Dowload capping myself cause your not gonna know how much you D/l until you get BB, by which time its too late cause your in a 12 moth contract. Heared of a few people say tiscali is poor too i think.
Noonster

30th May 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pipex 1mb
Dan B

30th May 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
...and they have their own network (unlike other ISPs) plus there ADSL (majority of them) and mail servers are in house, so if there are any problems, the techs just nip to the room next door (about 3metres away from where there stationed) and sort it out (although it could be a problem with their network gear, which is based at WorldCom HQ).
[Edited on 30-05-2004 by VisibleMan]

Errm, define "their own network"? If, by that, you mean the ADSL doesn't use BT primarily, and most of the bandwidth is controlled across Pipex's network, then that's called "Datastream ADSL", and Pipex definitely isn't the only ISP to offer that (Tiscali do, aswell, and serious bad-management of their own network has led to MANY customer-complaints).

And the company I work for has the same situation with servers/etc, they're all housed inside the tech-support building, with all of the server-techies sitting upstairs monitoring and updating everything...

Aye, pipex have there own pipes...last time i was there they had 20x 155mb pipes on order, to add to the others they are already had. And yes, the only connection with BT pipex have is the use of the telephone lines (to the houses) and the local exchange, from there its on the Pipex's network..which is fairly big for the size of company (around 100 people).

eitherway mate, stating "the company i work for" could mean anything...so how about you state the company you work for? although im guessing its someone like Tiscali (only one i know off the top of my head that charges 27 quid a month)

If I worked for Tiscali, I'd be ashamed!

Actually, I work for the company awarded the "UK's fastest ADSL provider" award for the previous three months on ADSL Guide: Zen Internet.

Oh, and for your information, STM-1 lines (155Mb) are slow these days, Pipex have already got a few STM-4 lines in, with capacity of 622Mbps, same as Zen do!

Hopefully Pipex don't fall into the same trap as Tiscali have, running Datastream products, where they had a massive surge of new customers and overloaded their Virtual Paths, meaning quite a huge chunk of customers experienced very slow/intermittent connections...
DAYZEE

30th May 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NTL 1Mb broadband. Which is being increased to 1.5Mb (this month I think) at no extra charge for all 1Mb customers.
It had problems when we first got it because they were only just starting to offer broadband, in the last couple of years I've had no complaints. Always works.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Broadband Reccomendations 23 database queries in 0.0091751 seconds