corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cancelling Broadband contract

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancelling Broadband contract
dannymccann

User status: Offline
15th Jan 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on BT 8meg 18 month contract

I live in a student house sharing with 2 other guys, when we took the contract we thought we would be keeping the house for 2 years, now it will only be one due to circumstances, which means I need to forfeit the contract

I was just wondering if I can cancel the contract without any consequences, i havent got any written contract here to read about but dont want them chasing me for 6 months use of broadband when I wont even be here anymore

Dan
Dom

15th Jan 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll probably have to pay up the remaining or a cancellation fee - i doubt it'll be cheaper either.

Have a look on their site as im sure it'll be in the T&C
dannymccann

15th Jan 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ending your agreement for the service

14. If you want to end your agreement, you may do so by giving us 30 days' notice.
15. If you are using any services applications or features which are free of charge, these will end on the day your agreement with us ends.

Doesnt say anything about cost, but also doesnt say ending early does it?

[Edited on 15-01-2008 by dannymccann]
dannymccann

15th Jan 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ending the service

8. When you end your broadband service outside your minimum period and do not request and use a migration access code to move to another service provider, you will have to pay a cease charge of £6. You will not have to pay this charge in the event you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new address.
9. If you end your BT Total Broadband agreement within the minimum period you must pay a charge by way of compensation to us. This charge will equate to the total of the monthly rental charges left in the minimum period. This charge is not subject to VAT. We may also charge you up to £45 for any equipment we may have provided to you as part of the service.

Shite.....dont suppose I can get of it by saying they dont actually provide an 8meg service can I? As my line is limited to 6.5meg and they told me this yet still have me paying for 8meg?

Jay

15th Jan 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your paying for UPTO 8meg

Im with BT myself and wanted to cancel too, got told had to pay the remainder so going to wait.

[Edited on 15-01-2008 by JayM]
Dom

15th Jan 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
Ending the service

8. When you end your broadband service outside your minimum period and do not request and use a migration access code to move to another service provider, you will have to pay a cease charge of £6. You will not have to pay this charge in the event you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new address.
9. If you end your BT Total Broadband agreement within the minimum period you must pay a charge by way of compensation to us. This charge will equate to the total of the monthly rental charges left in the minimum period. This charge is not subject to VAT. We may also charge you up to £45 for any equipment we may have provided to you as part of the service.

Shite.....dont suppose I can get of it by saying they dont actually provide an 8meg service can I? As my line is limited to 6.5meg and they told me this yet still have me paying for 8meg?

no, the T&C will state that they will try to provide UP TO 8 meg connection - people were taking them to courts a few years back about this and ISPs now state that they will try to provide up to xx meg connection.
dannymccann

15th Jan 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they arent trying are they? By limiting my line speed / not providing a line capable at off peak times to provide the full service? Couldnt they have said to me when I gave them my postcode to go for the 2mb / 4mb option as I could realistically achieve this speed?
dannymccann

15th Jan 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to rattle a polite email off to custoemr services to see if they might actually be helpful...

New Poll