corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » overfueling let?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author overfueling let?
sam_jam

User status: Offline
27th Jan 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all just fitted a Let into my corsa B all piped up and wired up properly.......the problem im having is that after i start it and leave it to run for a few mins it wont start again for a few hours. i have changed manythings like plugs leads fuel relay idle control valve only thing i dont have connected is the hot start valve which i dont no if you need when i go to start the car after swhiching it off all i can smell is petrol and it wont fire up

any help welcomed
DaveB

27th Jan 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant temperature sensor maybe?

Is the ECU light wired up? Any codes showing?
Olsrey

27th Jan 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I'm aware you need the hot start valve wired up but nothing piped up to it mate. Although I think that just stops the EML coming on.

[Edited on 27-01-2009 by Olsrey]
luke85

27th Jan 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
As far as I'm aware you need the hot start valve wired up but nothing piped up to it mate. Although I think that just stops the EML coming on.

Yeah I can confirm that, was told by my engine tuner that its best left not plumbed in because when it fails it can reduce your fuel pressure and its only used when starting the engine from horrendous temperatures (120 degrees plus)

Ran mine for years with it connected electrically but not plumbed in with no problems.

Have you tried driving the car yet? are there any other synptoms?
Olsrey

27th Jan 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey

Yeah I can confirm that, was told by my engine tuner that its best left not plumbed in because when it fails it can reduce your fuel pressure and its only used when starting the engine from horrendous temperatures (120 degrees plus)

Ran mine for years with it connected electrically but not plumbed in with no problems.

Have you tried driving the car yet? are there any other synptoms?
Yeah mine said the exact same
sam_jam

28th Jan 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the EML dose stay on and sometimes the car will run on 3 cylinders then on 4 and will keep swhiching after i swhich the car off and take the plugs out they will be wet through with fuel aswell
DaveB

28th Jan 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the EML stays on; read the codes off!
sam_jam

28th Jan 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just changed the coolent temp sensor and earthed the alternator properly and everything seems to be running fine now...ill get some pics up once the car is complete soon thanks all

New Poll