corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » deadlocks and flat batt?help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author deadlocks and flat batt?help?
calidus

User status: Offline
   1st Dec 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas how to undeadlock my corsa? its a 1999 sport with a flat battery, let girl lock it but it is deadlocked and cannot wiggle the key to undo it
calidus

1st Dec 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm any help appreciate, u2u me if need be
Stokie Dave

1st Dec 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been able unlock drivers door easily if I deadlocked it before taking batt off (bonnet was up) for ice install, obviously can only use drivers door though..

Odd...
luke85

1st Dec 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should still unlock with the flat battery I would have thought but never tried it.

If its the flat battery stopping it from opening you can jack it up and put a battery charger + lead to the thick + on the starter then the charger - to the engine block and charge it that way. Thats how we get into cars with remote locking and a flat battery
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Dec 08 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried the boot lock? Climb in and pop the bonnet?
deano87

2nd Dec 08 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should in theory work if it's a Corsa B, as the locks & deadlocks are mechanical. It will just mean you have to unlock all other doors from the inside.

You should be able to get in the boot, as these don't have deadlocks. I can access my boot, with the key, if the car is deadlocked
calidus

2nd Dec 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

key is not working in any locks at present, a while ago I heard that there was a technique to open the bootlock and it was in the premium lounge but cannot find it. I am hoping to attempt to trickle feed the car tonight if all else fails. So relatively speaking, it is the laydees fault that i cannot obtain access to the vehicle?just looking at potential guilt trips as an added bonus. Apparently the battery was just on dead, she deadlocked the car and withdrew the key,and now the key will not unlock it.
adz_gsi

2nd Dec 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
Should still unlock with the flat battery I would have thought but never tried it.

If its the flat battery stopping it from opening you can jack it up and put a battery charger + lead to the thick + on the starter then the charger - to the engine block and charge it that way. Thats how we get into cars with remote locking and a flat battery

same here but on my mk3 astra tht didnt work so in addition i got wire strippers into the door and front wing gap and w8 for dash lights to appear on and then hit the wires tripper with hammer as this made the ecu think it was in crash and popped all locks open
deano87

2nd Dec 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the key isn't working in the locks, then, it's the wrong key imho. The central locking is only activated remotely or in the barrel like a switch, it doesn't have any 'hold' of the lock barrel etc.
Adam-D

3rd Dec 08 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the key will unlock the drivers door,
gez bay

3rd Dec 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa 1999 battrey has gone flat, but u just have to open the doors and boot individualy with the key
Stokie Dave

3rd Dec 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't unlock the doors and boot which are deadlocked without power can you? But can get in the drivers door with the key as you'll manually turn the deadlock.

My boot is deadlocked also? 1.6 99 sport
gez bay

3rd Dec 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine seems to do it fine, just wen u open the door it makes a funny electrical noise
deano87

3rd Dec 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have deadlocks, and a Toad alarm.

When I lock the car with the alarm key fob, it won't deadlock, this has to be done via the key i.e. it's mechanical/manual.

When the car is deadlocked at night, and I try and open it with the alarm key fob, it only disarms the Toad alarm & immobiliser. I have to manually take off the deadlocks and open, with the key, the central locking.

Having a dead battery won't make any difference as to being able to unlock or lock the doors. It just means the central locking won't work, and every door has to be locked individually.
barneykarl

3rd Dec 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did not know that thanks for the pointer deano87, I also have a toad and just went out in the cold and you are correct, in future I will use the fob and then deadlock using the key aswell.

New Poll