corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car broken into last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car broken into last night
Corsa_Quadz

10th Sep 08 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some mug tried breaking into my car last night, luckily they didnt get in! But mashed my lock cylinder and pulled my scraper seal right out, exactly the same on passenger side! Does anyone know a relatively good alarm system that doesnt cost mega bucks??
Dione J

User status: Offline
10th Sep 08 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clifford Cat 1 are fairly cheap nowerdays.
Brett
Premium Member

10th Sep 08 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alarm is an alarm imo. It makes a sound to alert you to crime towards your car. They all do that.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Sep 08 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah get a Clifford or Toad cat 1 alarm, but why not invest in security film for the windows? For the amount it costs, it's a bargain really.
Corsa_Quadz

10th Sep 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Yeah get a Clifford or Toad cat 1 alarm, but why not invest in security film for the windows? For the amount it costs, it's a bargain really.

sounds good, what do you mean by security film?? Window tints??
stu_c

10th Sep 08 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arseholes!!!!
CorsAsh

10th Sep 08 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Security film is like a clear tint sheet that stops the glass being broken through. It shatters but stays in place.

In theory.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Sep 08 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

sounds good, what do you mean by security film?? Window tints??

Same principle as window tints mate, they just apply it to your windows. If you throw a brick at it, it'll keep the window from falling in.

http://www.myvillage.com/plymouth/property-list_home.htm

Few places in Plymouth that you can check out
james_suffolk1

10th Sep 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay mate
johnhara1

10th Sep 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad they didnt just bend your door mate.

Do any of the later Bs come with deadlocks?

Or Could Astra/Vectra Deadlocks be fitted?

Mothers N Plate astra has been done on both doors a couple times but they havent set foot in the car due to dead locks.
pedros

10th Sep 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

window film will help but wont stop them if there trying to wedge the door open.
Simon_16v

10th Sep 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Glad they didnt just bend your door mate.

Do any of the later Bs come with deadlocks?

Or Could Astra/Vectra Deadlocks be fitted?

Mothers N Plate astra has been done on both doors a couple times but they havent set foot in the car due to dead locks.

Most post-97 decent spec corsa's have deadlocks but the amount of broken deadlock barrels is just daft. No deadlocks = no alarm.

Mine has working deadlocks and an alarm
cheekyalex

10th Sep 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dead lock on mine works but never gets used as i use the remote to lock it not the key, Ive just got one of those cheap(ish) 2 way alarms off ebay, if im within about half a mile from the car and anyone has ago at the car my keyfob bleeps,and if they actually manage to open the door it beeps alot more lol. Imo its one of the best types of alarm to have as most car criminals arnt that bothered if the alarm is going off if they think the car owner cant hear it. I pretty much always have my keys close to me and usually within half a mile from my car. you can also put the alarm on silent mode where the car alarm doesnt actually make any noise but my key fob still bleeps,so i can quietly top toe up behind anyone breaking into my car and they will be non the wiser

I was a bit aprahesive fitting a chinese alarm with chinese converted instructions but it was actually quite easy to do. and been using my alarm 6 months now with out single problem
nathy_87

10th Sep 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody badgers aint they! if its a constent (sp) occurance, worth getting a video camera or something?
andy1868

10th Sep 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the deadlock on my old corsa had broken so me and (flybikes)lee decided to fix it. however when we took it apart we found there was a little yellow connector broken too, so that when you engaged the deadlock it wouldn't disengage, we managed to break in once with the help of the RAC, the second time we tried everything and ended up smashing a window i laugh about it now but it was heartbreaking at the time
Gareth F

10th Sep 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deadlock system is pretty good, mine works fine but im looking for a remote fob that can activate the deadlcking system aswell
deano87

10th Sep 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by munk3yrac3r
Deadlock system is pretty good, mine works fine but im looking for a remote fob that can activate the deadlcking system aswell

If you have a Corsa B, you'll struggle to find one. The deadlocking is mechanical, not electrical, so it has to pretty much be activated with the key.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car broken into last night 23 database queries in 0.0128520 seconds