corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit switches off when starting car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit switches off when starting car
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 03 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen lots of HU's do this when you start the car the car the HU temporarilty goes off, then comes back on again. Is there any way of sorting this out?
ChazSXi

22nd Apr 03 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thort that it just did tht cos of the power surge?!

if it is then you cld get a battery just for the head unit and ice!?

chaz

[Edited on 22-04-2003 by ChazSXi]
Richie

22nd Apr 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is standard on all vehicles. All electrical equipment is usually shut off to protect it from the huge power surge by the starter motor.
someone

23rd Apr 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is because the battery is getting on or a bit flat

didnt use to do it in my nova but did in mates
used to do it in corsa till i had to get a new batt then doesnt do it apart from a couple of times when the batt was a bit low
Richie

23rd Apr 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the newer head units and some older ones too shut off to protect it when it senses a large voltage drop.
Red_SXi

24th Apr 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY car is brand new, so it aint cos its a crap battery. I don't really care much about it, u just wondered if there was any way of preventing it
DIGGIDY

24th Apr 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find that all head units are wired in more or less the same way, to a switched live on the ignition and also to a permanent live which allows the head unit memory to work.

when the ignition is swithced to turn over the starter motor, the power to the switch live is cut, so there is no loss of power while starting of the engine and also to protect the head unit and other delicate units from overloading...

if you want to have the head unit stay on while starting you motor, simply move the switched live to the permanent live. this will fix your problem... only thing is you can't switch the head unit off unless you switch it off from the head unit itself.

wouldn't recommend this thou... will invalidate your warrenty on the head unit if you fuck it up...

New Poll