corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine
Craig P

User status: Offline
6th Oct 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Im thinking of putting a 1.6 8V Engine into my Corsa 1.4 16V Sport but i need to know what these engines are like and how much power can relistically be made out of them without costing loads of £££?

Are they reliable and can they take some hard driving?Also is there anything to watch out for?
What is the Engine code of these?C16SE?

And finally has anyone fitted these to a Corsa by any chance?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Craig
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Oct 08 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you not prefer spending the money modifying the 1.4 to (close to) 1.6 performance? 1.4 has more potential than a 1.6 iirc
luke85

7th Oct 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A C16SE is the 100bhp one isnt it? TBH Id stick with the 1.4 because it would give better gains for the $$$
Craig P

7th Oct 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes your proberly right but i dont want masses of power,and also my X14XE has a few problems and i would rather just replace.Thats why i fought of a 1.6 8V as they are cheap and easy to fit am i correct?

If i got a cam,manifold,full exhaust,air filter,and a remap that power would do me for now.(Possibly some Carbs)But ive also seen a 1.6 8V Turbo which i am trying to get first so if a got that it would be faster and better then modifying my X14XE?

Also the C16SE/E16SE is a much stronger engine is it not?

Craig
luke85

7th Oct 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be a straightforward swap but not as easy as fixing yours as long as it doesnt have mechanical dammage.

If you get the turbo conversion then obviously it would be better than the 1.4

With a replica inlet you will see more power from your 1.4 than with a standard 1.6 and the power will be higher up the revs than the 1.6 which IMO is better
Craig P

7th Oct 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But i wont be keeping the 1.6 standard either though,but i know what your saying.
The ecotech's arnt a very strong engine though IMO.Plus i cant b arsed fixing it,it has pissed me off that much,although it may not be alot.

If i dont happen to get a C16SE/E16SE,then i will have a rethink and proberbly fix and modify the X14XE.

Craig
Craig P

7th Oct 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your opinions and advice though fella's
Craig P

7th Oct 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else got anymore info?
andyc1234

7th Oct 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the 1.6 8v. i had a 1.4 with inlet full exhaust chip and headwork and the 1.6 8v i have now is a lot more fun. easy to do wiring takes about 2 mins. use same box and everything.
Craig P

8th Oct 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
Steve X16XE

9th Oct 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C-R-A-I-G The ecotech's arnt a very strong engine though IMO.Plus i cant b arsed fixing it,it has pissed me off that much,although it may not be alot.
Craig

What makes you say that? I've had mine for over 33k now, it'll be 2 years in December and it'll be close to 40k. So that's 20k a year of me kicking it's ass day in day out. I tickle the rev limit in 1st, 2nd and 3rd when i'm just having some fun and depending on the road in 4th too.

If you service it enough (i do mine every 5k) it'll keep on going.

[Edited on 09-10-2008 by Steve X16XE]
Craig P

9th Oct 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats only my Opinion,i know others will have diffrent veiws.Although a big part of it will be the owners including me not looking after it properly,as i havnt serviced it since ive had it,but thats just down to time/money.
And also i had problems with the engine when i bought it and got pissed off so i kind of left it.But i have now came into a bit of money and want to get my Corsa to the way i want it,so thats why i want to start with a new Engine,then the Bodywork.
Vaux Lad

9th Oct 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C-R-A-I-G

Also the C16SE/E16SE is a much stronger engine is it not?

Craig

Nope.
16v has stronger rods, better sump design etc.
Ive done about 15ish k miles with the 1600 16v in my nova, and its done 1/4 runs, trackdays etc etc, never had an issue with it at all.

New Poll