corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Snapped wheel nut

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snapped wheel nut
charlessurr

User status: Offline
12th Apr 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving home last night and pretty much all of a sudden the front nearside wheel developed a noise, it sounded like it was hitting/cathcing on something everytime it went round!

I was only 5mins from home so i limped home about 15mph! Anyway had a look this morning and first thing i noticed is i need a new bottom ball joint (if anyone has one - or how much are they?.

However, i then took the wheel off and what was to fallout.....the nut that holds the wheel spacers i have on!

Basically i have some 3/4 inch spacers on which bolt to the hub then my wheel to the spacer. Now i hav it off but the broken half of the nut is still in the hub............what are my options? Drill it out, get someone to drill it out, or new hub!?
Marshall

12th Apr 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be best to get a hub from a scrappy and a lower arm, with a decent ball joint in it, while your at it
DAZ1985

12th Apr 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for what its worth replace it, better safe than sorry imo
charlessurr

12th Apr 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive sorted it Luckily the end of the nut that had snapped off was jsut sticking out the other side, so i knocked it round and round with a chisel untill it came out so that was a result.

Ive also changed the bottom ball joint, an easy job tbh, only took about half hour-45mins! Got a new one from local spares for £8! Well chuffed
corsaggh

12th Apr 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of intrest have you been using longer bolts with the spacers?
charlessurr

12th Apr 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In actual fact they are the same length i think! I bolt the spacer to the hub and then the alloy wheel to the spacer!

The heads of the bolts that bolt the spacer to the hub are very low profile though so they sit flush if you know what i mean!

I also have 3inch ones on the rear lol!

New Poll