corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few things annoying me with the GSi...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few things annoying me with the GSi...
PaulW

User status: Offline
   28th Nov 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been doing a bit of work, well, trying to do quite a few jobs! Now found a few things which are pissing me off...

1. Front tow-hook 'was' bent to one side cos previous owner had some chav try tow it too hard. Found out that one side of the bracket has snapped off the chassis leg, so needs re-welding.

2. Did a coolant change before... the old shit was dark orange & had what looked like grass seeds in it had to take the front fekin bumper off too so I could get a fekin wrench on the fan temp switch on the bottom of the rad as some monkey had tightened it up far too much

3. Front bumper was a complete bitch to get on & the drivers side still doesnt fit straight, even after about 30mins messing with it.

4. Looks like a leak on the steering rack. like a silver nut thing on the bottom, its all oily around it. PS fluid level seems ok tho

5. Drivers side engine mount - the rubber has snapped & is loose

6. Why the fcuk do garages tighten up wheel bolts to stupid levels of torque?? Tried getting the front wheels off to change the brake hoses for braided ones, and just couldnt get the damn nuts off - ended up snapping the wheel brace in the process

7. FOund the drivers front tyres is splitting on the inner tyre wall & also going bald in the inner edge

8. needs new discs & pads

9. engine idles a bit lumpy when cold.

First thing - how the FCUK did it get through its MOT when it was done 2 months ago?? Surely some of these faults, especially the splitting tyre wall & engine mount would of been picked up???

Well fcuked off tho now but hey, it is a GSi after all

Steering & mount is being sorted under the warranty on Wednesday... reckon I can get the tyre done also under it?? given how its gone??
J_O_N16V

28th Nov 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk that badddddddddddddddddddd lol
Colin

28th Nov 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a list os long as that on my GSi and it wasnt even that old at the time Had to go - JAP
Joff

28th Nov 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who tested it? Take it to them and ask them about these faults.
PaulW

28th Nov 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is more...

clutch is spongy
wheel vibrates when driving (guessing related to the fooked tyre) - even tho had tracking & balancing done last month - it never went away

rocker cover 'was' loose, but sorted that out

ooooh ye also needs the aux drivebelt changing & may aswell do cambelt too while I'm at it!
PaulW

28th Nov 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff

Rudeath MOT Centre...

they did the old corsa I did when I bought it & it was a shitty job - I had the place reported before & might do it again - there a well botch shithole

also already been up there asking about stuff before & just get fobbed off - hence why i reported them...

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by PaulW]
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by Joff

Rudeath MOT Centre...

they did the old corsa I did when I bought it & it was a shitty job - I had the place reported before & might do it again - there a well botch shithole

also already been up there asking about stuff before & just get fobbed off - hence why i reported them...

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by PaulW]

threaten to report them & see if they'll sort any of the stuff for ya
PaulW

28th Nov 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the majority is being done under warranty - so no worries

its mainly the wheelbolts & the tyres which are bothering me...

but will have another go at them tomorrow & see if they sort anything... if not - need some spiggot rings to fit my other alloys... anyone got any spare??
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i had my wheel nuts done up silly tight, even the locking wheel nut, that was a pain in the arse as it snapped the key..... hope they sort it for you.
PaulW

28th Nov 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do i - gota go liverpool tomorrow night, so need to swap the alloys asap...

reckon i can fit them without spiggot rings?? & use the original bolts holding the GSi alloys on?

cant find the bolts & rings for the tornado's anywhere...
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 04 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the standard bolts will be fine, may get some wobbleage if you dont fit spiggot rings.
PaulW

28th Nov 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm

need to get some then, but place near me wants £20 for some, but i cant fekin afford that!!!
PaulW

29th Nov 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 'grass seeds' in the coolant...

must of been rad-weld - the radiator is slightly leaking now

nothing too major, just a few drops overnight!
Mattb

29th Nov 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would have removed the radiator to get the fan switch out.. two 10mm bolts and it lifts out..
PaulW

29th Nov 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but i use the fan switch to drain the system

just my arse-end approach to doing stuff
WhiteGSI

29th Nov 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean mate. my gsi is fucked. bought it bout a year and a half ago with 10 months mot. had an enine rebuild twice now and tha abs is completly screwed. just had a bill for £600. had another £450 earlier this year. turns out i bought an absoloutly ragged gsi that someone got a dodgy mot on it. but then most gsi's are ragged
PaulW

29th Nov 04 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine isnt ragged... (dont look at my sig)

but ye dodgy mot's do my head in

still, i went over the car as good as I could on sunday & got all niggles wrong with it that I could find & told garage to sort it out or else

they dont question me now cos of the MOT... they just do it so they dont get into shit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few things annoying me with the GSi... 22 database queries in 0.0098681 seconds